eSkate Lights thread

EL string!!! sexy!

What’s to figure out? Just wrap it around your board until you run out. Then duct tape the ends down, hit the switch and impress all the ladies with your 4 wheeled neon twine ball. Cake.

2 Likes

Lol as I Street my face as it gets tangled in the wheels and motor lol

1 Like

Lol El - String …G - String…

I know what you use it for !!! :flushed:

1 Like

@Michaelinvegas Hmm, moonlight dance party at Mandalay Bay beach where the only clothing allowed is EL wire? Sounds like fun. Count me in. I bet you know people. Pull some strings. :joy:

1 Like

The rail system works pretty well and looks clean

2 Likes

That would be bare or the sapphire pool…not sure if Mandalay Bay has something…but they must right? Let me know when your coming…ill let you borrow my EL Thong

Getting somewhere now…

11 Likes

Ooh … Nice…

Now you have only now you only have 999 feet of EL wire out of 1,000 left…

1 Like

oh wow, that really looks cool.

1 Like

Bought these lights on ebay, satisfied with their bright and compact size. But can’t hold them on the truck properly and that will be too low to see the road clearly if mount them on the truck or deck. So came up the idea that put them on the backpack’s shoulder straps and use PVC tubes to mount them more perfectly, can even change the angle of the light by twisting the tube itself and from this position the light can hit the road more ideally.

1 Like

Ok, tonight’s the headlight test. Last night was supposed to be the test but there was a short and every time I hit a bump the whole system would reset, which was a bit disconcerting.

Anyway these lights are pretty standard from SuperBriteLEDs.com driven by a 1000mA BuckPuck, have 20 degree lenses. The two cool things about them are the aluminum mount brackets, which I machined out of scrap from another project, and “idle mode” where when the board is not moving the lights go to half brightness (pictured) but as soon as the board starts moving (even if you are pushing!) they go to full brightness.

Also when the headlights are on the TFT display goes to half brightness as well.

DougM

3 Likes

the Kinght Rider

DougM

Thank you for your suggestion torqueboards and I agree these are great. I have checked out many different lights to use as skateboard headlights, but these lights along with a similar designed light have performed the best so far. However, the mounting post and plastic clips they come with are not built to withstand the rigors of skateboarding, so I am looking into getting modifications done. I use a custom designed bracket to mount these which works great. With the right modifications, I think these lights will work well as skateboard lights. This is my board with headlight and tail light. My goal is to offer these lights to other skateboarders eventually from the Website I am building here: Kngt Up. If anyone is looking to purchase some headlights right now, I can’t say for sure because I have not tried them myself, but it looks like Shredlights is offering a good skateboard light solution. Cheers

1 Like

This is an upgraded Exkate Powerboard …the only things original is the deck and trucks…Looked a little boring so added a few lights :bulb::flashlight:

3 Likes

What do you guys use for lighting? Im thinking of taping a flashlight to my board but there should be a better solution… Right?

I have a 5volt usb output on my yuneec boards if that helps.

Dude that is super clever. I love this site!

i use this one with a on/off switch http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-X-Motor-Car-9W-White-Eagle-Eye-23mm-LED-Daytime-Running-DRL-Tail-Backup-Bulbs-/252095453499?hash=item3ab20f593b

1 Like

Theres also option for tail lights as well in that thread.

Couldn’t wait. Total cost about $10.

2 Likes