eSkate Lights thread

https://scontent.fakl1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/13867029_1048063448563333_120468196_n.jpg?oh=1f273f231a071cee6f50b69722704965&oe=579EEDC9 Just got mine after a few weeks, will try attaching it to my board in some way (preferring top for visibility over bottom for stealth) tomorrow with someone that knows more about this stuff than me… any major points I should keep in mind ?

If its going to be above some how you need to make a bracket and also mount it out of the way of where you put feet. I have a Raptor with tail so cant mount on top. Light is bright, so you will be seen. Ill try and get night shot or at least from a distance, so you can see what mine loomd like

2 Likes

@Dedbny and I thought mine was good LOL :joy:

@ra.rend not bad. Mines really working with prebuilt, but you could still use the Meilan light in any set uo as long as you have the height in the riser to mount bracket. Yours is more discreet.

Hey guys check this out @Michaelinvegas

2 Likes

Could you elaborate a bit more in detail what you did here? I made another thread that specifies this product, please reply there ?

made my lighting.

9 Likes

Can we see more details,like wiring and type of leds?

2 Likes

I was but seems since I’m new I can only upload one image at a time. I bought waterproof LED strips from Amazon. Used angle aluminum and removed some of the right angle in order to bend it like the deck contour. the wires tuck under battery lid and goto the main switch.

7 Likes

So they are always on when the board is on?

This interesting “Torpedo Lights” Kickstarter link was in my inbox this morning. Seems ideal… ONLY 39 HOURS LEFT ON KICKSTARTER

1 Like

Yeah those are dope

for me that´s too dim. it’s ok to bee seen but not enough to illuminate the street in front of you. looks like 200-300 lumen.

I´d recoment 2x18650 1000lm flashlights. same form factor

I hear you on that. Guess we could make similar brackets using real flashlights. Here’s my favourie one for the job (if money were no issue): http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?356042-NITECORE-TM26-QUADRAY-(4-x-XM-L-U2-1-4x18650-2-8xR-CR123)-Review

Has anyone tried these lights out?

1 x 6000lm 3 x XM-L T6 LED Light unit( 2IN1 Can be used as Headlamp or Bicycie Light ) 1 x 8.4v 4400mAh Battery

Lumen output is probably bullocks… so would be great if someone tried them and can show the beam these lights throw off!

I think the real one could perhaps be close to 3000lm, as I assume these should start to compete with car’s headlights

As for the price, this listing also comes with a headband, so I assume there should be a cheaper model with less accesories…

These are the ‘‘chinese’’ ones… so there might be some hidden defects, like defective switch button or loose battery connection.

Pretty much anything with an enclosure will rattle apart…especially ones that are a little heavy

I use one of these with the two LEDs for my pneumatic board. The switch did die so I use a separate switch. Puts out great light! Just like a car headlight!

1 Like

Thanks for the response! I wanted to include 2 led light version but could not find it anymore.

Yes, someone complained about the switch and i also had to fix my chinese headlights switch by holding it in place with similar material to plastidip / plastaline.

Is the beam ok? Is it uniform? I hate leds which has spotlight reflector… light in very narrow beam is not great

Very good beam of light similar to car headlights. I usually use two of the 23mm Chinese 3w LEDs as head lights but these work so much better.

Are they very bright any pics at night with I’m on