eSk8Tube Video thread

Had a great ride last night

4 Likes

@RunPlayBack this is incredible! The sweeping shots combined with the soundtrack really capture how I feel when Iā€™m ridingā€¦ like there is no worry that can catch me! My mind is at ease and I only have to focus on moving forward.

1 Like

@Michaelinvegas You keep zipping around my 'hood. Itā€™s only a matter of time till we run into each other. Just the other day my neighbor was telling me about a guy with all blue leds cruising around during First Friday. I finally found a deal on an action cam, Iā€™ll get some videos up this weekend.

1 Like

Lol awesome!!!

I see videos in our futureā€¦maybe a couple of finger wagging from the Po po lol

I heard there was a little event yesterday ā€¦ Bunch of people riding around on boards looking for homeless to give some care packages toā€¦that would of been a cool thing to video and cool to do a good thing

Was this the board they saw?

2 Likes

I imagine so, he described ā€œsome asian dude with blue lights all over the bottom and he had a big blac controllerā€. The only other small EVs ive seen in the area are a boosted dual, a yuneec, and that guy with the unicycle walking his dog.

3 Likes

Bwhahahahah lol thatā€™s me bwhahahahah

dat music choice tho

Thanksā€¦I made it :facepunch:t2::facepunch:t2::facepunch:t2::facepunch:t2::facepunch:t2: and the board lolā€¦

Oh wait the blue led video that is Beastie Boys I think

Have an awesome weekend ā€¦ Hope you all get to ride :facepunch:t2:

Hi all, I just finished this build with Enertion single motor kit, a 6S battery and a 100A ESC, thatā€™s like my 5th ride on it. Finally I have a board that is reliable, my first build was with chinese hub motors and they overheated and failed (I burned 1 motor and 2 ESCs), then I watched @onloopā€™s video on motors and decided to go with the Enertion kit, this motor is so big it canā€™t basically hoverheat, all my rides were very smooth even if my build is a bit rough :slight_smile: I will make a post on the other section soon.

This is the video:

I used a smartphone to record + a Zhiyun Z1 stabilizer, that was my first time testing it and overall Iā€™m satisfied of the results, tell me what you think!

3 Likes

Can you show which chinese hub motors you used? Are these the same?

Edit: nice ride btw! :smile:

Nice video, and nice build, give us some more details on your setup

Thanks! No theyā€™re different, I will make a post on my build and to rant about them soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking good mate ! Hope it puts a smile on your face :grinning:

I was still sleepy (6am) and afraid of falling with the new gimbal or breaking it because of the rain lol.

Also this is the vimeo upload for the video because apparently the first audio in some countries is flagged as copyrighted even if is CC-by: https://vimeo.com/162171634

I should add that I got the gimbal because my previous video attempts at recording a run were very very shaky, I followed Rickā€™s (@RunPlayBack) suggestions on gear ( http://youtu.be/bjQDM7VnwJM ) and now itā€™s much better, I hope some day to arrive at his level of filming and editing :slight_smile: - The gimbal I got is not the same (Importing from US unfortunately is pricey for me in the UK) but luckily it is a version that has the hole at its base so I could mount a pole, I donā€™t know if the gimbal has encoders or not though :expressionless:

1 Like

Yeah @RunPlayBack ainā€™t no joke ā€¦ He has all sorts of great filming suggestions ā€¦

Not sure abt using a gimbleā€¦ I like that I just have a camera on a stick ā€¦ Itā€™s easy to tuck away when not filming

Looks goodā€¦

1 Like

@makevoid @Michaelinvegas I pretty much approach DIY camera stuff the same way I approach ESK8. So many different ways to get to the final product that it doesnā€™t really matter what you use, as long as you learn something and it fits within your means. Thereā€™s no right or wrong way as long as you keep shooting and discovering new techniques. And while Iā€™ve had my share of big budget music videos and commercials, none of those gigs really compare to capturing a genuine moment with whatever you can get your hands on. Success in videos has never really been about budgets for me anyway, itā€™s always been about how valuable I could make myself to others.

3 Likes