Esk8 map of users

I’m just manually converting your data, removing all the data from the table and converting it to coordinates. Why? Because current map is using two different location identification systems. The first one is based on the address provided in the table ( export from old map ). The second one is based on the coordinates ( created by Google Maps ). I’m currently merging those together so I can remove all the fields and not have duplicates. This will make it much harder for anyone to easily export your locations to human-readble text. Better for your privacy, but the data can’t be used for anything else than showing markers on the map. It’s taking a lot of time tho as most of the job is done manually by editing the XML ( KML ) file. Gonna update the map soon. All the changes that were done after midnight ( last hour ) will be lost.

1 Like

After about an hour of work, I finally converted all the data. Pheew. This was harder than I expected, there are literary no tools for that ( probably very specific “problem” ).

Some stats: 18 regular expressions written for parsing the data in different formats 4 different formats of data used during the process of convertion ~ 300 HTTP requests sent to Google ( developer API, used to transfer CSV locations to coordinates ) 2 cups of coffee drinked

2 Likes

Hey guys,

I’ve lurked on this forum off an on for a while and just found this thread. I ended up buying an Evolve board earlier this year just because it’s what was easiest for me to get a hold of in the UK and I didn’t feel confident in building my own.

A few months after starting to ride I made an forum for evolve owners and e-skateboarders in general. As a part of that we’ve also got a map section that some of you may find useful for finding and getting in contact with other riders nearby.

https://evolveforums.com/usermap

Some more detailed info about it here

We also have an events section if you want to setup local events that you can invite riders to, and they can RSVP. There’s a lot of us based around London and we’ve had a few custom build riders join us. I’ve just noticed that @mrjonnyjones is on here! We also get a suprising amount of Scottish riders making the trip down south to lots of our meetups, and I see a few scots looking for others on this thread.

Even though it’s called Evolve Forums we welcome any e-board riders. We’ve got a fair few boosted owners, mellow board, and a few other board brand names I’ve seen thrown about along with some cool custom builds. It doesn’t matter what board the others have once you get cruising :sunglasses:

I apologies mods if this comes across as spammy at all, it’s not my intention at all. I hope it’s not against the rules, I just wanted to share the map in case anyone finds it a useful tool to help find a riding buddy nearby seeing as there’s still not that many of us about.

I’ve added myself to your map too @DeathCookies! I love the icon you’ve used for all the riders :smiley: I need to look into doing something like that.

:slight_smile:

BUMP

It looks like new users of this forum should also get to see this map!

Personally, I had already forgotten it even exists… so it is cool I got reminded about it

2 Likes

I’m in, good idea.

@Okami thanks for the revival!

Just added myself in, didn’t realize I wasn’t on the map.

Pinned globally so new users can see this when they join

5 Likes

Yes! This is what should have been done at the beginning!

Still no Polish riders on the map… even though there should be at least two, I think!

One of them is @Idea !

1 Like

Man … I didn’t even see this thread for some reason…wtf? Twilight Zone

#SquadGoals

1 Like

The second is the Polish @squad

haha for sure… this went ‘‘underground’’ real smooth… I saw it brought up a month ago or so by the user: @AlexJ but non the less, like you said, ‘‘twilight zone’’ :smiley:

I’m now in “the squad”…

I have to get to a computer I guess cause I can’t seem to do it on my phone… unless there’s a special link or something

No one in Ohio :frowning:

Hi this is awesome, just added myself but dont see any other users in Hong Kong. :sob: Though a couple weeks ago saw some guy zoom by on an evolve bamboo.

2 Likes

There should be more… the thing is it should be somewhat mandatory to be added to the map if you finish building your eboard lol i think For it to really catch up and have an updated map of each eboard rider there is in this community!

I just added myself in Maryland, to be more precise I added myself to 4 different places :joy:.

Hopefully someone else pops up in MD. Please I’m begging you to pop up. :sweat:

@nmagz3 check this out - I just added myself and so did mike - i didn’t put my exact address though