eSK8 Builder log: From epic noob to master builder - 1st edition

My shaft is actually just right. I’ll still do the tweak.

Quick question, do I really have to grind the truck to get the clamp in? Or simply lightly hammering it in could do the trick?

Thanks again.

I started on 9mm and ate the belts during braking. Depending on how fast you ride you normally need to stop faster than accelerate. If someone pulls out in front of you ect. I also started on 12:36, but there wasn’t enough tooth engagement on the motor pulley (was trying to keep top speed down). I went to 14:36 and that helped some but kept eating belts. 15mm now and on the first belt still. Stopping from 25+ mph is more important than getting there in my point of view.

4 Likes

Are you using the heatshrink is that why you can’t get it in more?

You should be able to get it in all the way before the tapered center.

More photos would help. I’ll be releasing more videos soon.

No, didn’t use the Heatshrink. Actually, I have no idea why you included it other then giving me some heatshrink for my 3 motor wire ;). Yup, I am a noob. What was it for?

1 Like

Here is a little update for you all.

So, as you know my batteries are HUGE. I need range so I want doe these.

Problem is finding a case / enclosure to put these things in was quite a challenge. I finally found this at Home Depot…

I had to Dremel the crap out of it and cut out a few holes for my fuse and XT-90s Loopkey. Good news it, everything fits perfectly and I still have a lot of clearance under the board thanks to the 90mm Flywheel clones.

Now for attaching the whole thing to the board. Drilled 4 holes through the board and inserted a truck hardware.

Since this boars has a bit of flex, I added 4 rubber grommets so to give the box a bit of leg room.

And here is the result…

Next up, wiring and eventually the VESC, which has yet to ship.

Stay tuned…

Question for you all:

At 8s LIPO, what would be considered a low voltage for the Battery cutoff start and cutoff end?

Thanks

Depends where u set it… Voltage X cells = total voltage

min cell voltage 2.5V low cell voltage 3.0V

i would cut off at 3.0-3.2V x 8 = 24.0-25.6V

1 Like

Lol @EpicCel don’t tell us ur a noob at multiplication :wink:

Multipliwhat? Dude don’t go all science on me! :wink:

+found this from @elkick

Whoa…

Keep it simple hammer…

Your gonna get all sorts of crazy …

Don’t need to know it all at once …

You prob can remove the noob pretty soon lol

I think there a multiplier in there somewheres :wink:

That way you don’t need to take your shoes off and count on ur toes :footprints:

Good evening eSK8ers,

Yet another update on my 1st noob build. Now that all mechanical elements have been completed, I jumped to electrical. I prepped all the wiring and enclosure to welcome my VESC once it arrives. (Possibly shipping this week… cross fingers).

Here is the battery box with all the wire, fuse and loop key stuck in glorious hot glue!

Got it all wired for 2 X 4S in series. As suggested by @Blasto , positive goes to my fuse then my XT90S loop key then across to the electronic box, which as yet to receive its beautiful VESC.

The box is already nicely separated which is sweet!

And voila, this is what it looks like with everything closed up and ready to roll.

BTW, this thing will flex nicely with the dual enclosure, it keeps everything from snaping. Im loving the spring! I’ll shoot a few seconds of footage soon to demonstrate.

Man, I can’t wait to ride it! I can’t get that VESC fast enough! Please @chaka do your magic and send it over so I can enjoy this baby soon.

Have a nice evening all / rest of the day everyone

2 Likes

We are fully stocked and back in full production so your order will be shipping soon! Nice looking build, nothing like taking a board for a first ride. You did your homework, looks like it will perform well!

1 Like

Excited to get them…:metal:t2:

Man i’m SO EXCITED :). Looking forward to it. Hopfully USPS and Canada Post won’t lose it on its way to MTL. :wink: I better order more now, this build is totally the beginning of a new obsession! (I’m like that)

3 Likes

Is this for reals :astonished: ? Man that beats the 20kph on my Yuneec e-go! WOOT!

Should be spot on

Hey eSk8ers,

I love this AWESOME community! @Blasto and @JohnnyMeduse came over today to do lend me a freaking VESC! A VESC! They got my board going while I wait for my final VESC from @chaka.

This, my friends, is what I call a community. I also learned a few things about soldering correctly ;). Thanks guys!

I went for a ride just now and MAN does that thing fly compared to my E-GO. The acceleration is a bit slow, I’ll have to tweak that, but the SPEED! Mans the speed is SICK!

I hit 30kph and stopped there. Its late, getting dark. I’ll try it again tomorrow.

What an awesome day this has been…

9 Likes

Hi! i´m a new noob! hopping to learn more with you build!.. some question so it´s like a year… how does perfom? it´s still a live? do you do some modifications?.. and pictures more from detail thee electronic part plz!

thanks and sweet build!