Enertion Raptor Third(?) batch Info roundup

Depends on what you want. I couldn’t pick between the two, what I like more would depend on what I feel like doing that day or what I’m using the board for. I like my LHB for going above 25 mph and doing long distance riding, and i like the raptor for going up hills and when I feel like blasting off like a rocket from the line.

You aren’t as half impartial as you make out, just check your last three posts in this thread. Yep, it’s getting better but you still trot out the best board ever claims and forget to add “for me because I need X”. Want to head back to your evolve Gt comments, which were even better considering you don’t have access to one? I’m checking out of this convo, posting history is your friend if you want to reflect, but do as you please dude.

I don’t have access to evolve GT, but all the other boards I have used extensively. My comments about evolve GT are based on everyone else who owns it and reading their experiences with it, and my experience with using double kingpin trucks.

I’m actually very fair to every board and give each one the best title in whatever category they deserve. I am saying best to the raptor in this thread because the few people I was talking to were looking for everything that the raptor promises and offers, and to all of them the raptor would be the best. I’ve recommended the boosted board over the raptor and the evolve GT over the raptor to many people. Go ahead see my posting history on forums or threads that aren’t specifically about one board. In fact here is one from yesterday.

and i can paste many more like this. Anyway out of respect for this thread, i’m not going to keep going with this discussion. I stand by everything I’ve said as everything has just been facts.

And i’m still saying raptor is the best complete board out of the current big players that I have either had or used or read a lot about. (I’ll add a “for me” at the end if it makes you feel better).

Edit: I should also add when the raptor works, it is the best

1 Like

Whoah. Whats happened to this thread. Everyone has an opinion and its their own. No need to state that everytime you post something. I think @Photorph has more than enough experience and ownership of different boards to have an opionion between them. Maybe not the GT, but if someone could offer him one to try he would.

I know that all GT owners think theirs is the best eboard at present and it may be for specific reasons which Im also sure would be long. The budget for it is also like 10 fold of Raptors. Lets be fair here. Evolve is a great company with great marketing. Boosted should be worried.

As far as what I like about the Raptor Dual: carbon fibre deck and its look and shape, lightweight for its size, and good for moving around day to day withh handle, good range 30km, top speed 45km and how quickly it get to that speed, hot swap battery, ease of use, lcd screen on deck, and most importantly the TORQUE from the R-sped motior. The dual loves eating hills. Its so much fun.

2 Likes

30km range as claimed. Probably av 25km for me. Depends in what terrain and speeds your doing. Weight of rider. Im light.

Hey guys my raptor one of my dual raptor motors stopped working this morning and the other is hardly moving.

I posted a new topic here if anyone can help me?

Mate I agree with you, and this is what happens when someone constantly turns everything into a pissing contest. Every. Single. Time.

I don’t get annoyed because I think he is wrong about his boasting. I have no opinion either way- I love the raptor, I think the boosted it great, I think LHB is art, I think Olin is incredible, I think there are 5 or 6 insanely good one-off builds. I’m happy with the GT- it fits the purpose I bought it for, nothing more, nothing less. I get annoyed because it is boasting. He is in a privileged position and every now and then he chooses to boast. To boast: talk with excessive pride and self-satisfaction about one’s achievements, possessions, or abilities.

I frequent this place too, and when it wears me down, I’m going to point it out.

TL/DR Owning a board doesn’t make you a respected voice. Your actual experience and insight, and how you communicate does. Boasting if of little use in this place. Keep it at home.

Hey fellow enthisiasts. I got a question. Out of the Raptor that were received in the last month, who got a handle with it ? Seems a lot got missing.

On a side note, did anyone get contacted yet about beind a “test driver” and all the 150 club specials ?

For me the Board has almost everything i wanted, the only thing for me is cruise control doesn’t really work that well, but the rest is magnificent and stomps my first DIY build n the ground :slight_smile:

Edit: has anoyne been able to accelerate full throttel in both modes? I tried it for an hour straight and got pretty close but sill im hesitant. It is seriously scary.

1 Like

Hi,

I have a question too: Is it possible to change the key binding for cruise control ? It could be way better on B button in my optinion.

Thanks !

I had a handle but it seems like many were missing. It’s not that special of a handle, I think you could buy any cabinet handle and screw it on and it would work the same.

What’s this test driver email you got?? I didn’t get anything.

I can accelerate full throttle with a very aggressive forward lean. But what 2 modes are you talking about? Raptor doesn’t have any modes.

HI dont think anyone has been called up for beta testing yet. Not sure whether it will really happen. Unlike Evolve who have a massive budget and send out to all parts of the world numerous boards. Enertion had been doing their own testing of the Raptor and not letting the public review mainly I thInk due to budget and thus boards they could lend out. Im still hoping to be that No.1 Beta tester for the AT version or whatever might come my way. I think @photorph might be another, but hes across the othe side of the world.

What you may not realise? Evolve beta testers would have it for say 3 weeks then have to return it. Now per say as these things are test mules it might brake down after 1 use. I know the GT I got to look at failed and was likely back to HQ earlier than expected. Motor issue.

I think however that it would be great if Enertion let us Raptor owner be the first to tryout their future products as that was part of the reason for the issue with Batch 1 of the Raptor. Internal testing of the throttle was not what most of the public liked. Since then with the batch 2.0 and up, the acceleration and more so the braking has been adjusted. Still has its finely tuned controller, but more forgiving is how it works with the way it delivers it. Just wish it had different modes, beginner, intermediate, and Stig. Not sure whether I made that clear enough.

@michichopf not sure what you mean by full throttle both modes.

As for the handle not all joinery handles will fit the board due to the spacing of the screw holes or the way it gets mounted. Most handles are screwed from behind not from the front. Also batch 1 had the handles painted black which mine came with paint chips on it, so an anodised handle would have been better. This would also have been one of the things that would have been ironed out if on Beta versions. I know there was a discussion as to what the colour was to be. Better as anodised. And I use the handle alot, so if you havent got one on the board i recommend it.

I got notification that my raptor arriving today before 18h :slight_smile: I am really happy, but also with that info came tax info , and i have to pay 304 EUR … :frowning: quite high amount… because base price is full price of €1,076.38 eur) …I suggest Enertion to subtract price of battery,(since it being shipped separately ) so we will pay less customs in future, if its possible. Location is Europe, Netherlands, Amsterdam, tax hungry government…

I will send some nice pic after i get it :slight_smile: cheers

1 Like

Anyone who has gotten there Raptor, how loud are the motors? I watched Jason’s youtube video where he compares the BB D+ to the Raptor Mono and it seems like the Raptor is pretty loud.

I really enjoy the sound of it. Its definetely noticable especially the hardet you accelerate but a nice one!

Sound is like a jet. Not sure about db rating though. I think its good as its bad enough that other people or cyclists dont even know you use the same paths or roads.

Yes there is sound, it sounds good and not too loud though… And trust me you want that. This way they see you coming !

Was a bit worried about the loudness to. But after my first two runs Iam pretty happy with it. As djupex mentioned its noticeable, but in a good way. No need for FOC for me. (Maybe Ill try FOC with new VESCs v 6.0 - They should be more reliable and if I get them I probably have the two 4.12 VESCs as spares if something went wrong).

Like this foam gasket and 6 screw improvement, have there been any other upgrades or improvements from this point (April 8th) through today (starting Batch 4) ?

I just read someone got the new remote today with their Raptor…

we have stopped using the previous remote as too many people were breaking it, the buttons at the end are very easily damaged…

the new remote is more robust & more compact.

2 Likes

It seems to be unanimous:

The Raptor needs SOFTER WHEELS.

Keep costs low by just changing to a softer wheel instead of offering options. Sell the leftover hard wheels on the site for the DIY crowd.