Enertion Raptor Third(?) batch Info roundup

you can set deadband in the vesc bldc gui if it annoys you :slight_smile:

As a gen one Raptor owner I know all the small issues you mentioned. Dead band can be set on a very small value. When the board isn’t coasting right it is the pulse width setting on the remote. The right Allan keys should be included. Breaking and accelerating can be corrected in the bldc tool. I will let you know my values when I have more time.

It would be cool if you shared yours. I guess most raptor owners will learn to work with the bldc tool but it would be cool having a good preset of settings

I thought this was normal? Both my E-go and BB controllers works that way, there wasn’t really a cruise control mode. I think its suppose to be a safety measure.

i can’t get my remote to connect with the board :cry:

try a different channel?

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/enertion-raptor-change-the-radio-channel-on-hand-controller/1314

1 Like

Also, hold down the a or b gutton to turn on the remote. it will have a green light on one side

I think it’s official, new Raptors need to come with a manual for the remote…who wants to make one? :slight_smile: A lot of the information is out there it just needs to be compiled. Once I get mine I could make an unofficial one.

2 Likes

Thanks guys I’ll try this when I get home tonight

1 Like

A Raptor Manual with pictographs and some words would be a cool idea … And just post it as a closed thread on this site so people can view it but not comment on it… If they questions they quote the thread in a question on a separate thread

1 Like

I’ll look into it over this long holiday weekend…I do get a kick out of making instructional stuff :slight_smile: I’ll need to confirm by testing myself, but I can make a FAQ based off of these threads in preparation…

You can have pictures like on airplanes that show you how do stuff in an emergency lol

It’s funny we are all so use to seeing terrible instructions from these Chinese manufacturers… From remote to esc instructions… A well laid out instruction guide would be a breath of fresh air in our hobby

1 Like

I would hope everyone knows how to tuck and roll lol I’ll put a disclaimer:

“Enertion is not responsible for any injuries sustained while configuring the remote. You are on your own. Pad the f*#*@ up.”

But yeah bad instructions suck…I prefer videos really

Lol would it kill Chinese manufacturing to make the font bigger in their instructions? The ESC programming instructions are my favorite…a lot of squinting

1 Like

no go, I got as far as step five, turning the raptor back on, but when i did, no lights appeared on the remote indicating a channel

Maybe @carl.1 can help, try emailing them maybe they can send over a new remote and fix yours if thats the issue.

Anyone elses’ batteries ship? I am in the raptor batch that should be shipping in the next week or two per onloop’s post. I thought the batteries would ship before the board but I haven’t gotten any notification, so was wondering if other people from the same batch as me got any notification.

Haven’t gotten any notification either. I think the holiday weekend might be slowing things down a bit for whomever is supposed to be shipping them to or from the US at least. I’d say if they aren’t shipping by the end of this upcoming week we should be concerned…boards too for that matter.

@stevied. Ok open up cover of board. Is your transmitter flashing and both vescs blue lights lighting up. This shlould be correct. Next thing is not good. Shake your remote. Is there any loose bit sounding in there, not noise from the led clear inserts, but like if a part is rattling inside it. loose. If you cant change the channel of the remote and receiver, I think you need a new remote.

Email enertion support to get action on it. You may need to open up remote to see if there is actually a loose part in there. Positive side is its better to find out now with issue when under warranty then later when not. Enertion should be able to get you a new reemote asap if that is the issue. Did you drop the remote. The buttons do work and light up just not connecting.