Enertion Raptor Diary

And yes I’m not a heavy guy (60kg soaking wet) but I live in a VERY hilly area… Got this duel specifically to blast up these steep hills…

Your described behavior happens in duty cycle moad but current mode is different. Rouphly you set the power from 0 to 2220watts (37volts x 60 motor amps) with the throttle. (To all others, (especially devin) i know it is a bit more complicatedbut let’s keep it simple here)

Let’s compare it to your car. When you are in Idle and push the pedal 50 % it will still ramp up to the rpm limit. Because 50% is enough power to reach that. At least at a carburetor controlled engine.

But just step on the board and try it. When you push the throttle 15% then it will be very different to 100% throttle. I haven’t ridden a raptor but i guess 15% throttle at a start up is fun and 100% throttle at a startup is pain.

1 Like

Sorry where do I find the source file to do this firmware update from?

http://vesc.net.au

Re download, reinstall, then find it under c:\program files (x86)\BLDC\firmware. Exact location might be different, I’m going off memory

1 Like

Also do I need to adjust these settings on both VESCs or doing it on this one does it all?

Have a look here. And save your motor settings before that. But change the value to 0.0400 before you save it. And write down the application settings. because after a Firware update the values will be lost.

Haha, now you tell me :wink: Just did the Firmware update… But they don’t seem to be lost… everything’s still there thankfully.

One last question plz @Ackmaniac, do I need to adjust these setting on both VESCs individually or having done it on one will it “tell/control” the other? Bc one is easy to get the lil usb thingy into and one is inaccessible as it’s stuck close to the casing.

You have to do that to both. but you can connect to the second one when you set the dropbox value to 1 which is marked in red and enable Can Fwd. That means you connect to the second via the first one. But i am not sure if you can update the firmware this way. better connect to the second one via usb just to be sure.

1 Like

So I just got back from trying out these new settings, to begin with everything was working like a dream, but then… no connection and, WAM! There’s definitely a connection issue with my remote. It totally drops connection and then when it comes back it blasts at full throttle and puts me on my ass. Just really hurt my knee!! Probably not able to skate for a week or two now.

On the plus side I made a new friend as I bumped into @mrjonnyjones on the Brighton seafront right now on his e-skate. We went for about 200m cruise together before this latest issue happened. He even saw my remote lose connection as he was right next to me and then watched as it came back full blast and saw me roll on the floor after badly twisting my knee hopping off. So there’s a fellow e-skater who can fully back up my account of what happened. Here’s a pic of our boards together I just took while recovering/preparing for the walk home.

2 Likes

you need to rebind to reset neutral throttle position. This won’t fix the connection issues but won’t make your board go full speed when it disconnects. Like I mentioned, the remote is nothing but problems.

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/2-4ghz-nano-remote-in-stock-30-pcs-usa-50-free-priority-shipping-international-45-shipping/5017/191?u=jinra

3 Likes

Yeah I’m not going out on it with this remote again. In a fair bit of pain lol. Going to order the GT2B and the “GT2B Electric Skateboard Controller Enclosure” so it’s not so offensive to look at :wink:

1 Like

If you want to spent a bit less time and have something that works without modifications then get the mini remote.

Don’t have one yet but i ordered it and all people are very happy with it.

1 Like

Which one is more dependable? Thats all I care about right now really.

You remember this sentence. Wasn’t my intention.

1 Like

I’d be so mad if I recieved a complete board shipped with a known bug that can cause injury. Good luck. 3 days with my gt2b and no issues, highly recommend and the enclosure mI’d was easy

I guess the gt2b and the mini remote are more or less the same when it comes to reliability.

Yeah it would appear that way

Getting mad doesn’t help anyone dude… Sure it’s disappointing but c’est la vie. Just hope I get a little discount when ordering a replacement Raptor deck. And that I can get either this or another remote working consistently with zero disconnections in the imminent future. I’ve just been advised by Jason to try re-binding it. Gonna give that a go, but regardless can’t test it for few days till my knee’s recouped. Probably going to order a GT2B!

Update: just ordered that “mini remote”

2 Likes

Great to meet you dude! :smiley:

I was so excited to see a fellow e-sk8er in the wild, haha! The Raptor is so sick, genuinely an epic board!.. I just really hope you can get the remote control issues sorted. Whilst I was driving home I did have a thought: For the time being I can’t see any reason why you couldn’t get hold of the same remote as I have… Just to see how you get on with it, then we can ride together again when your knee is better. We could then see how our boards both behave with the same remote/receiver setup.

1 Like