Enertion 2.4Ghz Wireless Radio Transmitter Controller & Receiver

Go ahead and try it for yourself. It feels amazing to me, but not sure if it can hit 28mph.

Nowdays chip are not as fragile as it’s used to be against ESD. I have the feeling that burst current / spark / sudden changes in voltage / amps cause DRV to fail. I had your VESC just new (maiden voyage) being run for 7 minutes and it never goes back on after one of my XT60 cable goes unplugged due to vibration. The VESC was wrapped inside anti static plastic and then wrapped again with bubble wrap.

Maybe you should test one of your VESC by riding underload half throttle and then suddenly cut off power, see if it gets faulty.

I’ve read it somewhere that Vedder are aware of this weakness in the DRV chip. He recommend to use higher voltage so it doesn’t draw much current. Because current kill VESC. Yet I believe that VESC can run more stable, more reliable and less fragile with SPACE Cell. Because of the BMS, the 30A fuse and no mad lipo unstable discharge could harm it. This is just my speculation though, but now we seen these issues happening more often with VESC. It’s time to review the faulty DRV chip, let Vedders get more attention, so we can move on and fix other faulty issue. I’m afraid, it would be though to get CE compliance for instance when a test center really push the limit of VESC.

Thanks, I’ll give that a try. I’m looking for a more sensitive throttle feel, the Enertion controller somehow feels too ON/OFF for me. But I hadn’t really set evertything according to the instructions so I’ll retry at a later stage.

I am using the controller you have in this video, I am able to stop & start with good control without lots of erratic jerking or anything like that.

for me I like the sensitivity of this controller a lot, it’s just like GT-2B.

so after learning a bit more, at 60k i loose alot of amps, so thats no good. And obviously at 100k soft rpm limit, all the original power comes back BUT man it still feels much smoother on soft rpm. And when i say smoother, i mean take off. Ever since ive gotten used to this board, it really isnt big deal either way. But since i have a choice, im going with soft rpm. It literally eases in the power.

There has been some fierce debate about whether this remote control can actually allow the rider to accelerate in a sensible, safe manner.

Some reports say the controller feels more like a on/off switch rather than an analogue control that allows smooth incremental acceleration.

So I made a video to illustrate the way it works for me. Before making the video I adjusted the PPM settings inside the vesc to suit the controller. The settings I used are MIN 1.19 MAX 2.01.

I also have a pure carbon fiber lid on my Raptor, which we know can block Radio Signal, it seems to drastically reduce the range of this controller, tall people have drop-out problems when they raise the controller past their waist.

To learn about tuning the vesc ppm settings go here: VESC FAQ | Setting up receiver and brakes PPM - ESK8 Electronics - Electric Skateboard Builders Forum | Learn How to Build your own E-board

Here is my video, I try to ride the board at really low speed, starting & stopping & also using the cruise control function.

NOTE: The “cruise control” function is not sophisticated. It does not get RPM data back from the VESC. It cannot maintain the set speed if the load on the motor increase or decreases. Example. You are riding along a flat area, you set your cruise control, now you approach an incline, the board will slow down & maybe stop completely. Example 2. You ride on flat ground, you set the speed, you go down a decline, the load decreases now. Your board will accelerate, It might rapidly accelerate if the hill is steep.

i was one of those who had the problems. as soon as i adjusted the settings in BLDC I was able to accelerate smoothly just like onloop shows in this video.

onloop, your motors seems extremly quiet compared to mine, did you run them in FOC mode?

*just seen your reply on youtube stating it’s “current conrol”

I’m driving at a stupid slow speed that’s why.

so do i and they are screeching compared to yours: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BybdY5w-PsmIRFlscmlkNGNiOXM/view?usp=sharing

mine sound the same as that. this video is an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59d9JLXF2TI

if you dont like the noise you might need to use FOC.

i like the sound though.

Does anyone know how long the controllers battery will last during normal use? Is there any flashing of the controller to warn you when its about to run out?

Good question @onloop Ist There any flashing of the controller to warn you when its about to run out?

No flashing but the right light turns yellow. Sadly it comes to late so if you see the yellow light you have like no connection. I usually charge it every three to five rides even it would last longer. Nothing is more annoying then a dead controller while riding.

Thx, sadly i have now the problem that the controller is not connecting to the raptor.

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/enertion-raptor-change-the-radio-channel-on-hand-controller/1314

Try this!

1 Like

how i understand it has do be already a connection between the remote and the raptor, so the reciver and remote change channel together.

Should work to connect controller and receiver as well.

ok thanks, i give it a try

it didn’t work. Followed the steps, but step 6 didn’t work. The green light don’t start flashing. So no indication of what channel i am in and if it changes it.

Hi Could anyone tell me how to conect the receiver to the VESC?

1 Like