EMF Hub motor final sale!

OK that’s good to know , hopefully it helps others too.

I used the Paris v2 trucks and drilled the holes nice and tight for a snug fit.

I wouldn’t shave or drill the actual axle for the 3rd screw. You can weaken it and cause an axle failure.

Better use bearing pins. I use 3x16. It’s an easy modification to drill the existing M3 threads and to drill the holes in the truck deeper.

1 Like

@jacobbloy

Just say “I don’t know it!” or “I don’t want to talk about!” or what else but not to answer is a bit strange for me.

fellas, i seamed to have burned up one of my hubs. Turns out you really need both motors working in unison. last night, the axel screw came loose on one hub alowing the entire thing to rotate and unplug itself. Therefore the other hub was doing twice the work and burnt itself out.

Anyways, is there anywhere to buy single replacement hub motors? since Jakob seems to be out.

as long as you set your vesc settings right this should not happen - you’re sure it is burnt up?

Well it had smoke pouring out of it. :smile: after it cooled down, I tried running it again but the motor won’t spin. Only hesitates. Then again, I didn’t try swapping the VESCs so see if was actually the hub that was broken. I Could try that when I get home.

Which setting do you mean, the max current? I believe I set both VESCs to 20A max.

that sounds like shorted phase wires - not sure if the load was responsible or vibrations/debris caused it. Sad to hear that they failed on you.

I cant wait for these to be available. Guys, what kind of speed do you think I will get with a 10S LifePO4 battery

Im thinking the same. Im sure the enamel on the windings is just gone.

Anyways this is the only place Ive found them so far, which i’m 99% sure was Jakobs manufacturer: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Hot-sale-high-quality-electric-skateboard_60477542382.html?spm=a2700.8239084.sideutm.4.7ZY6QC

Any other places anyone knows of? Really don’t want to have to scrap this project :expressionless:

I Had the same issue when I first got mine. The hub spun around and tore a connection from 2 of the wires. I scraped off and burned the enamel off the winding and soldered the wires back on and it works like new again.I ended up drilling a small hole in the axle and using stainless set screws along with red loctite to keep it in place.

Would you say the link that @Heathlyy posted would be the closet thing to jacobs as I can get bigger wheel covers for them

Are they still on Sale? where can I buy them?

@ralphy can get your squared away

Drop me a pm with your email

im interested in running two sets of your 100mm /107mm duel hub motors on my board

Oh yes I did groove my ABEC clones that came with the 1WD board went over gravel like no problem - grooves on front tires make a major difference in the ability of them to ‘climb’ onto gravel not just ‘push’ in front of them.
The belt became the weakest link as there was no way to tension it
Tho the motored plain PU heel wore off pretty fast, it was due it digging and scraping all the time. I do like deep grooved wheels so I want to try out composite wheels with fiber and some strong particulate backed PU. Should make them tougher, give better heat resistance and stiffer

In BLDC there is no need to have hall sensors, but I want to use the hubs with FOC and without hall sensors the motors stutter at start up. The space between the teeths is only 1,5 mm, so there it’s difficult to implement the sensors. Therefore I tried it frontally. One motor is finished and it works perfect. I use focboxes with fw 3.100 from @ackmaniac .

2 Likes

Where can I purchase these? And is the install just screwing them onto a pair of trucks or is it more complicated?