EMF Hub motor final sale!

I am also waiting.

almost anything you 3d print will melt in there.

I am waiting for a pair of motors and 2 sets of thane

ok so how many people actually received motors AND got a refund?

People actually got a refund and received the motors?.. sounds sleezy

I know right.

Me, or at least ive won a case on paypal. Sounds pretty bad but I didnā€™t know what else to do with motors that didnā€™t work and no communication when it came to ever getting them fixed. Heā€™s welcome to have them back if he wants them :confused:

I donā€™t know. Iā€™m not sure if he can fix them or what, but if you buy a motor from hobbyking and then burn it out you donā€™t get a refund from them. its only through a loophole in paypal that favors the buyer that you are able to effectively steal money out of jacobs pocket. there are people who havenā€™t even received their motors because jacob cannot afford to ship them because there is more money leaving his account then there is going inā€¦ regardless of the fact that you burnt out your motors in unfortunate circumstances, I donā€™t think you should be able to just take your money backā€¦ but hey if Jacob had opened his mouth and talked to paypal maybe you wouldnā€™t have won the disputeā€¦ so hes got himself to blame there too.

im just curious how many other people, like you also got motors and their money back.

Luke didnā€™t burn out his motors, from what Iā€™ve seen, all the issues heā€™s had have been a result of poor manufacturing/design (Slipping urethane, phase wires breaking off within the hub because theyā€™re much too thin).

Whether or not this is thought of as a loophole in the paypal system, based on Australian consumer law, Luke is well within his rights to request a refund on a product that was faulty from the start. Whether or not Jacob wants the faulty motors back is up to him.

I wanted to get a refund for these motors so badly but I remembered it was more of a beta run I just hoped they lasted more than the one day that i used them. Almost $300 down the drain. The worst part is that Jacob doesnā€™t even bother to respond to the forum. The motors are a really bad design and not just the slipping urethane. Well I understand now why they came in a pretty box just to to sit in the closet stored away.

did you receive yours @Titoxd10001?

Yes I have them

Yeah I felt morally bad asking for a refund. But I tried to give plenty of opportunity for defense, asking via email, waiting then and waiting for a sellerā€™s response. but there were too many issues for me to just ignore it.

As I mentioned I bought used hubs. They are from the latest batch in july. Someone wrote here about broken grub screws, so I changed them to this bars from bearings (3 x 16). Sorry, I donā€™t know the exact technical name in english.

I opened the hubs and found broken parts from three magnets. I put some CA on it and hope it will not brake further.

so you bought some 2nd hand and you bought some new ones that you are waiting on still?

Yes Iā€™m still waiting for a solution, but I want a real solution not a bad design.

@Titoxd10001

your motors died also or just the urethane?

I dont have that solution unfortunately. Im just trying to get to the bottom of this. I have a set of the original run of motors so I know they can be a good product.

1 Like

I assume that the first ones were made with a better quality and that the official sale was Cut in quality to get a better Profit marginā€¦ E. G. Worse urethane

From what I understand there was literaly no profit margin. Im not sure what went wrong with the thane. Only jacob can answer that.