EMF Hub motor final sale!

I’m down for 2 sets. It would be awesome to have 2 sizes to choose from, though 86 sounds good.

That’s a good point, I would be up for another set if they were different size, esp 100mm

1 Like

I’m in for a set.:grinning:

Good reminder, did enough interest surface for this project to proceed?

1 Like

Yes sir its moving forward in the standard size for now. Thats one that i did a week ago the outer perimeter stuck to the mold but the bind to the polycarbonate is incredible.

Thats the new thread for the part im working on, everyone is welcome to pitch in any thoughts or advice.

Hi Ralphy,

I have Jacobs Hubs which have been unmodfied. Would these fit directly to them, or would I have to do anything at all. If not, then im deffo in for a set. What colour Urethane will you be using. Thanks

2 Likes

This is a direct fit no mods needed. Once the design gets approved by the manufacturer we can pick a color. I’m thinking black but I’m open to ideas. We need to get $500 bucks to put them into production.

I am down for a set.

I thought @Alextech is giving us a head start.

Put me down for a set as well. Wouldn’t mind Black as well. What’s the quality of the Urethane like.

count me in, 97mm or 100mm or 107mm. Black works.

Jakob’s hubs with 91mm urethane:

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/jacobs-dual-hubs-vescs-10s3p-5-1-ah-lipo-winning-remote-drop-through-deck/11967/11

2 Likes

Guys this is another option being developed I invited him over to the thread to interact with you in case anyone might want to go with his strategy. Bring anyone else in to discuss ideas to make a good solution and track progress.

Today I tried Jacob’s hubs in FOC Mode. The silent sound is really amazing, just one thing is a bit strange. When I connect the battery and start riding, the first meters the motors are not run smoothly. It feels like you ride on a very rough road. After few meters everything is fine and even if I stop and start again it is not running as rough as before. When I disconnect and connect again, same thing happens. I know @Maxid runs also with enertion 4.12 VESCs in FOC. Did you experience something like this. Is there anybody else running this hubs in FOC Mode? Btw. I use the firmeware 2.54 of @ackmaniac - watt no rev. with brake.

Changed back to BLDC mode after having a momentary DRV error (the VESC restarted and did not show the error again but I am not going to risk it)

You need to change the shunts if you are going to use foc with these motors. You need a higher resolution for detecting the motors correctly. Changing the shunts will also reduce the current you can run through the motors.

Hey @jacobbloy. Are you back in the motor game? Kind of regretting I sold on my hubs now. Especially now the thane issues seemed to be getting sorted.

Did you have any abnormalities before you got the drv fault?

Did you change the shunts on your VESC? Is it difficult to unsolder and solder them (I’m not bad in soldering but I’m not a SMD-Solderman). Is the “Observer Gain” value between 60 and 100 meant with 5mOhm shunts or original shunts or both?

How much? Motor max 30A would be fine?

Btw. you should come back to the “motor game”, because your Hubs just need a bit of modification then they are great. I’m happy that I got used hubs from @bigben.