E-Toxx DirectDrive VS Trampa Vesc6 VS Leopard 8072-170kv VS Nowind

Me too ! Whats this max current based on ? Motorcurrent max was 119A on this LOG Dont understand

Not sure how metr.at calculates amps. On Ackmaniac, motor and battery amps are multiplied by the number of motor (set in the settings tab). Maybe you drew 110A. That case, I’m not dsappointed anymore. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, all the data is for the single VESC. @Nowind 55A is battery current (constant current flow), 119A is motor current (short pulses, that’s why it’s higher). I plan to collect data over CAN for both VESCs in the future, this is on my TODO list.

~30Wh/km :scream: this is 3x consumption for average mortals on this forum. In 20 years when everything is electric this will be considered as polluting environment! :seedling: Definitely not ECO-driving :imp:

2 Likes

Ok, that explains this low value.

When I play in the mountain my average is 35Wh/km dual 6374 10S. Not surprised my Jens consumption.

And about being ECO-friendly, this topic is a bit more complicated than just comparing numbers. What if I charge my battery pack with solar panel and riding 100Wh/km and you 10Wh/km charging your pack with fuel power generator ? :wink:

That’s not bad consumption considering Jenso is spinning his tires half the time!

@rpasichnyk Thanks for your explanation … Yeah maybe , but if you ask for performance you have to let go other things… the 30wh is not that much IMO…

I have a small Nuclear power plant … just another hobby :joy:

hahaha yeah

New stupid things will coming :

Stay tuned :smiley:

12 Likes

@rpasichnyk Little bit better today… 36 Wh/km :sweat_smile:

Video from Sunday Morning Chilled Sunrise cruising…

Cheers

12 Likes

Sorry im new to this! so if I resume you have a 4x 6s setup in series that goes to a parallel connector to your vesc? I wanted to do just that but was unsure if it was ok. I was plannig to use 10ga wire with xt90. Batteries are graphene 5k 6s 45c. Vesc 6 x2 Fuse 80a Thanks for your help

Hey its 4x 6S Battery connected each two in parallel and then in series… 12S 12Ah

hi guys great to see the builds I’m curious to know what speed is the danger zone I just road my koowheel board down a slight hill and got upto 34 ks on gps with no helmet or pads and was sorta scary being on the road the road wasn’t 100% smooth so was sorta a bit sketchy was waiting for some speed wobble never happened just wondering what the speeds are with the mountainboards when they start getting a bit squirelly

@GeForce well…I had a very very bad crash on my EMTB at about 30mph and I am still alive, I think I am willing to go just a little bit faster.

@nowind, hello I am back on the forums, I just got a pair of Vesc6 for my Killer Trampa. I might have a ton of questions on the way haha.

1 Like

30 mph is 48 km/ph that’s quite good speed

Weren’t you wearing a full face helmet with full leathers on when you crashed? That’s probably why you’re alive you tell about it.

@GeForce Get a helmet! Ride safe.

Hmmm, very interesting Jens I am tuned in!

great looking build

Having tons of fun with the beast actually. Only the old Lipo batterys have lived their life…

I compared actually Lipos with 18650 Batterys and decidet to go with a big 12S-8P Sony VTC6 Pack

compared to my actually Lipo Setup :

Crazy is the stored energy compared to size and wheight : Lipo : 545 wH with 3800 gram 18650 : 1056 wH with 4800 gram :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Okay on the new pack they are missing the seriel connections and battery wires/plug and heatshrink

Actually have connected the parallel taps with my Sunko… 5 taps a 7mm X 0.15mm… should be good for about 80A continiuos current maybe 100A … hope that will be enough :fearful:

Could add more… but its really a boring work … would like to prefer some screw terminals like seen on ebikes

Cheers

10 Likes

Nice… how’s the view from the top? Do you think someone could fit another row (9p) or two (10p)… you know, hypothetically? :smirk:

BTW, wouldn’t those VTC6s be good for ~120A continuous (15a x 8p)?

I dont think that more rows are good… VTC6 are labeled as 30C conti… so 240A conti as 8P

Really not sure with my parallel taps… @barajabali can i ask you mate how many layers you would add by a battery like this?

“labeled”, but, if I remember correctly, testing showed they should have been rated closer to 15A. …or did you mean 80-100A… per motor :)?

For 7mm X 0.15mm, I think the rule of thumb is ~7A per strip (but closer to 5a being ideal):

1 Like

I will check the video later… being on work

No meant the specs, 30a is what they called

Holy shit you say 5-7A … thats nothing NOTHING (-;

4 Likes