E-MTB Drive Gear with Spur Gears "Directdrive"

Have any used POM for Wheel Gears here ?..must be lighter than Aluminum ?

@Nowind, any uptates on these?

We’ve tested POM for our gearing system, but the forces being applied means they’re not up to the task in the long run.

1 Like

Metal is ur only option I think at this point

Hey. After the struggle with my wifes health the last 4 weeks i dont ride or work on my Boards. But the last week i had of and was out to ride and test everyday…

This Direct Drive Stuff is amazing, i´m totally impressed more and more. So compact, very low drag, strong as hell, no problems with dirt, easy to change tires if you have a flat etc…

This is the 8S Setup with the latest Version of the Directdrive :

Its an nice medium strong Setup, love to ride in the skatepark with it. Maybe better to use only 200kv instead of 240kv for more torque.

This is my favorite Setup which is scary powerfull, 200KV on 12S, 1:5geared with modded Roxxy ESC´s Mounted is one of the prototypes of the Directdrive :

Thats the strongest setup i have ever ridden, its a waaay to fast but brings tons of fun. Once you ride you never go back :sunglasses:

15 Likes

Hi Jenso,

I really started to miss your badass, waaay powerful, mind blowing, freakin eMTB build updates here in the forum. Really happy to to hear from you - all the best for your wife!

Dude

2 Likes

Welcome back, hope you and your wife can get back to normal soon.

The forum was boooring without your insanely overpowered builds.

Just give me a call when you want to go for a ride later this year…

2 Likes

@The_Dude , @Duffman Thank you guys, feels good to back on the track. Looking forward to a meeting with you, maybe in Willingen ?!

Some more nice tracks around there …

6 Likes

Working on the first Batch of 5X Dual Direct Drives, most is done … :

Cheers Jenso

16 Likes

How long is your list of preorders? Better go for 50x than 5x …

1 Like

yeah 50 pcs would be nice… just need a month off (-; I think this full cnc machined parts are maybe to expensive for most people, thinking about a Economic version with some laser cutted sheet metal too.

Have had a very nice day deep in the woods … no excuses :

Keep calm EAT DIRT :dizzy_face:

12 Likes

@Nowind

I’d love to see a poor man’s choice! I’d buy it, been wanting to do a EMTB but just too poor. Ethier way I think that there would definitely be people interested for them too!

2 Likes

Can you hose it down?

1 Like

Hell yea a poor man’s version would be great. I’d be on that in a heartbeat

4 Likes

Outstanding! :smiley:

How much does it weigh compared to the chain drivetrain and the belt drivetrain?

1 Like

Yes i will give it a try for sure. It will bring the costs down for some parts. Other Parts will stay the same which are not cheap itself… like the Gears.

You mean cleaning ? I use compressed air on the wet mud, works very nice!

Thank you David. I have to check this, will let you know soon!

1 Like

Are any sets still available?

Yes got some left, where are you located ?

@DavidC I checked the wheight of the 3 Drives :

Dual Chaindrive (missing some screws and motorsprocket) around 1100Gramms RTR

Dual Beltdrive around 1300Gramms RTR

Dual Direct Drive around 1560Gramms RTR ( shown wheight on scale is SingleDrive)

So its the heaviest of the Drives actually, but all parts are massive and super sturdy.

Cheers Jenso

9 Likes

Ok thanks! :relaxed:

Im in Chicago, IL in the US when can you send it?