E-MTB Drive Gear with Spur Gears "Directdrive"

As smudgeUK mentioned we have fitted these 80mm Motors to the Trampas already. I use a Leopard 8072, at the moment mounted on my Flampa Build :

@smudgeUK Nice to hear that you fitted the 100 mate ! How does it worked out for you ? Tight fit in length or? Cheers

1 Like

Oh sorry for the misunderstanding jenso (it is my fault, my wording was terrible!!) What i meant was, i had the parts to be able to hold them next to each other to see if they would fit :slight_smile:

plenty of space :smiley:

4 Likes

its so beautiful

4 Likes

So that is the AP 80100 180kv? WOW, that thing is beastly. Do you have pics of this motor mounted already. Also, what ESC are you using for such a huge motor. Thanks

So got all parts together for the actually Direct Drive :

This was the missing Carbonfibre panel, you also see the V-Ring for axial sealment :

Where is the f***ing Drivetrain :laughing:

Here it is…

You can see here that there is no inteference contur outside the wheel :

Complete Board :

Trampa HolyPro 16PLY Trampa Vertigo Trucks with “green” Dampas Trampa Superstars with Innova 8inch Street Tires Flame Velcro Binding with Trampa Heelstraps

Alien APS HEV 6374-240KV Motors Hobbywing MAX6 ESC

Hang Loose Jenso

28 Likes

Where is the LOVE button at? I only see a like button. For this particular set up, the absence of cross braces makes it look sleeker and more compact. Looking forward to seeing how the gears hold up after months and months of use. Based off of all the fine work and attention to details, I’m guessing it will hold up really well. If so, I might just have to get my hands on one of these kits in the future.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words Rob! Looking forward to some longterm expierences with the gears. Time will tell :wink:

You can see here that there is no inteference contur outside the wheel :

You know… by looking at this picture I instantly imagined how it would look or run with 2 motors attached to one wheel! That would probably be way crazier :smiley: just not sure is it needed for someone to make a dual motor driven wheels instead of going 4wd…

2 Likes

Hey jenso do you get any type of movement from this setup as I see nothing to keep it from moving in on the trucks any type of locking ring on the inside of the trucks to prevent movement for example where the aluminum part goes on the trucks is there anything to keep it from riding in more over time I’m comparing direct drive systems right now and saw something on the other system that brought me to this question thanks

Geile Scheiße! (sry, don’t know how to translate - must be something like “plenty of hot shit”)

Some RC guys do so with big scale aplications. But normally they are 4WD and they place two motors on the center diff. In this case to drive one wheel with two motors i would prefer 4 Motors for 4 Wheels :wink:

The Trampa Truck is machined on two sides in a squareangle, the removed material is not much. Only 0.5mm from the 22mm per side, imo better then turning down to a round shape(here you will loose alot of material). The mount itself got a 18mm wide area where it is in contact with the truck on 2 sides. Two M8 ball pressure screws sit on the opposite side of the milled area and presses the mount on the squareangle. It looks very solid and holds up fine so far, this kind of clamping is proved on many many chain/beltdrive kits(without machined truck) in 10mm wide. Its needet to tighten the Screws again after the first rides because the metal head will move in a bit, but ones it set its hell of stable imo. Hope this answer your question, if not please feel free to ask anytime.

Geile Scheisse triffts doch gut :joy: Thanks Dude

This is pushing it as always :slight_smile: :sunglasses: One question how those motor are performing ?

1 Like

Thanks Kaly.

Overall performance is nice!

Start from Standstill with low accelleration is very good. Start from Standstill with High accelleration is very bad----cogging

ones it rolls absolutely no cogging, good power, not on 12S-Roxxy Level but next to it

This are my expierence after the first runs.

1 Like

How will you compare them to the sk3 193 ? Because I have experience with the sk3

I never was dissapointed by the SK3 Motors, really like them. Main reason to choose the Aliens was the fact of high KV. Also the more closed design suits good to the full sealed direct drive. 10mm Motorshaft and Silicon wires was another point. Generall design in black with silver Alien Logo looking badass.

To compare the riding expierence is not easy caused to alot higher RPM, what i regocnize again on this Alien motors is that they are louder as the SK3. On 8S its not that loud as by another Setup i tried in the beginning of this year on 12S.

1 Like

thank you they really look bad ass on that drive train

Incredible Work Nowind !!.. to bad SK3 don’t develop Motors for E-boards !

1 Like

Hah I think if they wished they could! Just have to convince them it is worth it to do so! There’s an order going on (or it was) to order Sk3 with silicon wires and even hall sensors. Not sure about the axle lenght but they were also ready to add keyshaft to the axle, if needed.

I would have liked (6354) for a Double Rear with lower KV , like 220KV instead of 260KV