Dual FocBox fully enclosed CNC machined case

If I had version with find (I have without), I would probably wish for something like this:

You could mount it on the enclosure and the case would be nicely cooled with outside air :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Damn. This gives me a really good idea. I can see me ruining my carbon fiber enclosure making a cutout so that the fins are outside of the case and the rest sits nicely inside. Awesome idea. Thanks dude!!!

I just checked, bottom side is totally clean, no mounting holes. So I guess velcro/dual-lock, or make some holes.

The vesc enclosures do have ears with screw holes. Maybe future version?

Drill 4 holes in the bottom, counter-sink them to sit flush, screw it to the deck

1 Like

Hang on should be holes right?

Oh hopefully not. :scream: It’s better to drill holes if I need them, than to try to waterproof holes I don’t need

1 Like

Hi, is there enough place to put the GT2B receiver inside your CNC machined case? I plan to put the case on a mountainboard.

You cant do that with a wireless reciever. The metal will block the signal coming from the transmitter

3 Likes

4 Likes

@deucesdown @b264 there are pilot holes (almost fully drilled) if you need to mount it. You can see in pictures on product pages. Sorry atm I don’t have Internet at home some responding through the phone :wink:

3 Likes

4 Likes

You’re right but you can just put the receiver inside the case and let the antenna go out of it through a little hole.

The website 3S SERVISAS states this feature “3 x General purpose holes for wires (RF receiver, Bluetooth modules and etc.)”, but I would like to know if this means there is a place for the receiver aside the two FOCBOXes.

1 Like

no there is not.

2 Likes

It means that there are ports for those wires to come out of the case from the FOCBox’s. Not room for those modules/receivers inside the case.

3 Likes

Test fitted. Looks and feels awesome

16 Likes

Mine arrived too, they will wait till I’m finished with the Puca

1 Like

Did you guys have to sign for yours? I’m hoping not. Mines out for delivery today. Can’t wait to see it in person.

I don’t know for sure (Office mail room handles my mail) but I think so because the package looks like Registered mail and didn’t get delivered into our general mailbox.

1 Like

My porter signs for mine too, so I don’t know. Mine arrived as well

2 Likes

Yep. It’s a signature required. Gotta go to the post office tomorrow… again…