Dropped Glorrrrrrryyyyyyyy

sounds reasonable to me.

I just went on a ride around downtown, logging about 3 miles total with an average speed around 8-10mph up and down some hills. Burned about 11.2 wh/mile on each motor, so low 20’s wh/mile for my dual 6355 setup.

I’m hitting about 30WH per Mile when I ride hard, 22-24WH per Mile on an average ride.

That sounds… about right… I’m glad we were able to compare our numbers. Now I’m not worried that my setup has some extra friction somewhere lol

I am probably running my belts a little tight but I get some slippage when I carve hard or try to slide the board from the rear, running snug resolves that issue. I have about 1/2 inch of movement up and down when I press on the belt.

Be careful

1 Like

What bushings did you end up getting?

Riptide 95.5a WFB, regular barrel boardside and tall barrel streetside. Feels good. Id like to replace the pivot cups when i get a chance. The kingpin is a little oversized, so the tall barrel gives a ton of room for tweaking stiffness.

https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/bushings/13611/riptide-wfb-barrel-longboard-skateboard-bushings-pack

https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/bushings/15281/riptide-wfb-tall-barrel-bushings

1 Like

Is it possible to eplace the stock cone bushings with Riptide Barrels that are not cone?

I honestly dont know. I was just toying with the idea of replacing the bushings, haven’t decided if I will or not as I like how carvy they are at low speeds.

Well I think you will have more stability at high speeds, I’ll report back to inform how it does turn at low speeds

I’ll prolly upgrade the bushings, just haven’t seen a great need to up to this point. I think I’ll replace the long bushing first and see how it performs.

1 Like

So I was driven to drink the single malt this weekend trying to get the 25mm belts installed. I still don’t know what the issue was. The current belts I’m running are HTD5m 340-15 on 15T HTD5m 15mm pulleys. The new belts are TD5m 340-25 on 15T HTD5m 27mm pulleys. Nothing I did would get the damned belts on. But my 15mm wide belts go on no problem.

I think I’m just gonna stick with 15mm belts and pulleys and call this done.

2 Likes

I don’t understand, whats the issue you’re running into?

1 Like

hell, I don’t understand either.

2 Likes

Finally got this resolved. Turns out the belts I received were actually 3.5mm smaller that spec. Sent them back and ordered different belt and now all I’d good. I also upgraded to 6374 190kv motors so I could use the 6354s on my kids street board.

I am now running 25mm 15t HTD5M motor pulleys and 345x25mm HTD5M belts. I’m running pretty loose and no slip even know fast takeoffs and uphill.

Edit:. I’m currently average 28wh per mile, I’ll post after I’ve had a chance to measure with the new pulleys and belts. I don’t for see much of a change, if any.

11 Likes

damn those are HUGE

1 Like

holy fuggin shit! those are insane!

it’ll be like you’ve got brakes all the time :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Yeah they are, just wanted to try it and see what happened. The difference between 9mm and 12mm width belts is massive from a performance view, even larger with 15mm belts. The difference between 15mm and 25mm is not much, but it is noticeable.

1 Like

I’m running a lot looser than previously, so it free rolls a lot better. The brakes and acceleration is perfectly linier now, there is no need to allow safety margins for belt slippage.

3 Likes

Next upgrade??? :smile:

7 Likes