Dorian Wiskow eMTB Build - Trampa HolyPro 17, E-Toxx Belt Drive, Twin SK3 6374s, Twin MAX6 ESCs & 6S 16,000mAh Lipo

Darn was hoping around 1200euroish

This is a visual representation of previously made Eskate “budget” plans… :joy: budget%20plans

4 Likes

What you should be looking out for depends on your budget really. Since you’re Dutch, things are a bit easier (no significant hills to climb)

• your target speed. It will determine the motor kv, gearing and voltage.
  • your weight. Pretty much the only board that comes with custom PLY (amount of layers) is trampa. Hard to find second hand. If the board is for light weights and your target speed is beyond 30 km/h there is an increased risk in speed wobbles.
  • 3D prints. Yes, of course possible. I mount my dual focbox with a 3d printed slab. Check thingiverse. Only issue is mounting holes for your specific board. Pays off to learn fusion 360.
  • Turnigy Sk8. There’s a thread here discussing these. They apparently have no circlip, motor can could separate (you know how it is with drone motors)
  • an excellent board will indeed cost more than 1500 euro

If you get second hand, make sure you get trucks for which motor mounts are actually available. Forum member idea sells mounts for a fair number of boards. Search his thread.

1 Like

Hahahahhaha ok ok i have to admit i love the humor allready here lol. I live in holland yep correct but i am british. Cup of tea. Fish and chips ect ect hahahah. But yes a budget between 1100 to 1500 euros give or take… i do want a twin motor setup. Hugh insane speed i dont want. If it goes 40kph i will be happy

Screenshot_20180714-202524_Marktplaats

How about this board?

2 Likes

Yah, seems popular to move east or something. I am Dutch but live in Germany.

As for the board, depends on the PLY of the deck and your weight. If you want to keep eating fish and chips, maybe go for 16 Ply. Also, figure out what hubs and trucks those are and search for a complete belt drive that fits. That’s where the fun starts or ends.

Typically, it’s easy to find a drive train for MBS matrix 2 + rockstar hubs, trampa infinity/vertigo + superstar hubs. Everything else is a bit more exotic.

Think of the following. All hubs have their own bolt pattern and the trucks have their own profiles. There aren’t that many universal drive trains out there.

Well my wieght is max 65-70kilos So think this board would be fine for my light ass. As for trucks i will ask what ones thay are dude thanks But the board is the correct one?

Screenshot_20180714-212222_Marktplaatsthose are the wheels

Ok found out what trucks thay are

15 ply, and vector trucks from MBS, twistar hubs from mbs

You’ll have to do the searching yourself, but apparently there have been (maybe still are) few members who converted those trucks and offered motor mounts for them.

15 Ply should be ok.

Thanks telnoi i do appreciate the feedback. As a beginner its hard to figure out whats right and not so really big thumbs up man The board is good then If need be i can allways get other trucks to fit the board. Thanks dude.

Small update and question Found these at trampboards. Can i use these for the e toxx sytems? Mini diŕect drive? And compatable with the trampa board i posted above

20180716_160749

Doesn’t look like it’s 35 degree like trampas’ holypro and 35 long/short. That will have an impact on stearing and stability if you get infinity or ultimate trucks.

The minidrive has a ratio geared for speed rather than torque, so you will be somewhat limiting the off-road capabilities. The mini drive is usually paired with trampa gummies.

PS. The axle width/diameter will also be different, thus if you want to keep those wheels and hubs you’ll probably need a sleeve to make the bearings fit. Probably some spacers too.

My advice. If you don’t like those trucks, don’t get the board.

1 Like

Mmh getting more complicated as i read more and more:-( Isnt there a list anywhere here of compatible parts for a general setup and where to order them? I have seen the trampboard site but i prefer the e toxx rear drive direct drive to be honest

Buy a trampa board from them and pair it with etoxx drives, no? :grinning:

Edit: You should start your own thread where you could ask questions and such, instead of asking in this one. Many of the questions is pretty irrelevant to this topic. :wink:

Cant start my own thread yet as i am fresh meat:-(

I guess you should read more then :grinning: It will help answering alot of your questions too.

The direct drive is only compatible with a certain deck shape. Since they are no longer selling the Hs11 deck, that means the holypro 35. You can also get a 35 long or short, but you would have to cut the tail with a pendulum saw or something/metal blade.

The toxx drive is compatible with infinity or vertigo trucks and superstar hubs only.

All in all expensive. Cheapest complete board around 520 Euro, direct drive around 500, motors around 280, speed Controllers around 320, speed controller enclosure around 50, lipos around 350. Random crap around 100 Xtra (connectors, loctite, lipo checkers, cables, velcro).

Beautiful build! I am looking to do a very similar build; Trampa Board, E-toxx mini direct drive, 6374 dual motors, Flipsky 6.6 dual Vesc, however I am really unsure of how I want to do the batteries and case. Most likely a top mount for the durability. With LiPo’s what kind of range are you getting? What kind of speed are you getting on this board build/ what kind of acceleration? And do you get any voltage sag??

Thank you!