Diyeboard.com : China Factory Direct Retail - Electric Skateboard DIY Kits and Parts

We definitely need a more durable solution in terms of hubs, while the generic we have now is great there s only hummies at 250 $ pc or these at 50 $ pc The other « chinese hubs » that the banshee use only has 83 mm option if they could do more like 90 mm or 97 it would be very cool since they are a bit more powerfull. Dunno if there is a slippage issue tho

What size bearings are those? And can you talk about that different main drive gear?

@diyeboard i sent you a question via PM, can you look? :stuck_out_tongue:

what kinda “real world” range are you guys getting with the 10S5P AT setups?

I had this happen to me on one esc. Bought a second, mounted it on a big heat sink - hasn’t happened again.

Not as good as a well configured vesc however the cost is much cheaper.

Am going to mount that first dodgy esc onto a heat sink and see if that fixes the problem. Scary! once that happens - lose confidence in the esc.

Around 14 km. Had to walk portions due to voltage sag.

1 Like

Thanks, 14 km/8 miles doesn’t seem alot for a 5p…

That’s 100% offload/dirt with hills. In my case, I needed a 100A or more capable pack to provide more range at the same Ah.

1 Like

The bearings are rc car wheel bearings and the gear pulley is the stock one just removed the plate. You need to remove the plate to run abec 107 mm wheels

Just use a pliers and pull it off it comes off easy!

1 Like

Bearings size is 4x10x5mm

so you’d get a lot more than 14 km/8 miles on standard pavements/roads with the stock 5p battery? , i wasnt planning on doing too much serious offroading.

I’ve been getting around that with hills and rough surfaces and 107 hybrid wheels (ESC overheating is/was letting it down with better cooling should do more)

1 Like

Around what? 14 km/8 miles on their 10s5p battery with 107s? That doesn’t sound right, i get around 6/8 miles on their 10s2p battery with 97s…

I would estimate around 18 km where the last two will be very slow. Main issue of the cells used is that it starts to crumble at around 38v, offroad even around 39V where higher amp packs keep going. I have registered a voltage sag of 3V at 40V during a hill climb at 50A battery amps, which is massive. For comparison, my 4x 8000 mah 30c packs have a voltage sag of 0.7V under identical conditions with battery amps set at 100A.

There are no standard pavements around here that would not get you killed (all 80-100 km/h zones without bicycle lanes).

2 Likes

@diyeboard hey jason ! If The spare 90 mm hubs are ordered are they the newer upgraded pu version ?

Hi, if it can help I asked the same in a past email: Short answer yes they are the new ones.

Hi, Thanks for your email. To your questions:

1. we are scheduled to sell it on April, but we may not sell 10s3p 30Q flat pack.
  2. there’s no upgrade for now, esc same as we sell on our site. remote no change.
  3. we already upgraded the pu sleeve.
  4. all upgrade will officially updated on forum and our site after CNY holiday, for now we can’t assure any change or upgrade. Thanks for your attention, we focus on our currently selling items. Regards, Jason Email: [email protected] Store: www.diyeboard.com DIYEboard.com is your ultimate source for high quality and high performance Electric Skateboard and DIY parts.

Hi Jason! I know thee sping festival/new year is really close, so sorry to bother you now. I am subscribed to esk8.buldier and reddit forums and I would need to ask you something for my upcoming project. I was looking to your components. I just would like to ask you few questions: (I will be focus on hub motros parts) 1- When will you start to sell the 10s3p Sansung 30Q flat pack with 60A BMS built in? It has been mentionend few time in your tread before Christmas. 2- Is the new ESC 50A or the double VESC available (if possible with the new Boosted looks like remote)? I need it for dual hub motor system. 3- Is your hub motors update to the more resistant PU (hub motor http://www.diyeboard.com/dual-hub-motor-9052mm-1000w75kv-power-truck-p-657.html1)? (like Meepo, since they buy from you). 4- Are you planning to sell them in a upgraded kit? Thank you very much! Enjoy the New Year! Keep up the good work as you are doing. Best regards,

1 Like

General question on shipping times on the diyeboards battery and dual belt motor, is it about three weeks? I’m based in Melbourne Australia right now, so figure within a month it should all arrive?

1 Like

Hi Jason, how long do the “specials” stay on offer for?

over xmas I bought a pair of their 500w hubs to replace my meepo set… so meepo was 250 x 2 and now im at 500 x 2… im not sure what i was expecting but some sort of improvement but maybe not crazy torque like a boosted or something… so far the ride is a bit better…smoother on uphill climbs where the meepo would sag on my ride home…these hubs just keep going (assuming the battery isnt empty)…and carving down a street is better as well…i noticed on the meepo hubs hitting debris and pebbles would stutter the board…where as these hubs keep powering through…

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Anyhow I think on paper meepo is 250W x 2 and these ones are 500W x 2 as nominal power. I bought them I will update here once I try them.

1 Like