Diyeboard.com : China Factory Direct Retail - Electric Skateboard DIY Kits and Parts

our esc support 6s-12s, we tested on 12s and operate well. what’s your cells for 12s?

12s2p 30Q cells 30A discharge.

belt or hubs?

I tried with hub ESC i believe. I’m not sure I tried with belt ESC. Are there difference?

there’s compatibility difference for the hubs and belts esc using on 12s. 10s still working fine, but if you use belt esc on hubs with 12s, it will not support, hub motor has volatage range

Ok, let me go try! I never mixed up the motors and the type of ESC. hubs w hub esc and belts w belt esc

great, you try by yourself then believe my words.

12s didn’t work with the belt ESC. 10s works like champ though. You should check with your technicians. I think the old version used to work with 12s.

you are testing on v2.1?

no, v1.1 I think. the flat ESC.

Hint. 10s5p would be 50A.

1 Like

thanks, i will correct the specs accordingly.

If the cells are lg mf1 cells, don’t think they are in 5p. I know they are in 2p pack. Jason told me that 5p has discharge of 25A and 2p 20A. Correct me if I’m wrong. If they were lg mf1 cells it would be 11ah and not 10ah capacity?

?

Mf1 are rated at 10a max. Just multiply it with the P Count, what ever that is.

Yes but I don’t think 5p is mf1 cells. I think 5p uses the same cells as the first meepo battery. 5c .

Just went to the manufacturer page and took the data sheet for mf1 cells and obtained it from there

about the discharge max and continous and calculating, i think @telnoi said right. 10s5p are of 50a and 10s2p are of 20a, while 10s3p are of 30a discharge ampere.

LG18650MF1 is middle power cell. It is widely used in electric vehicles, electric bikes etc. Also it is economic in cost. 30Q is good but expensive, it have to config with better esc and motor so can perform its best power.

in general, mf1 suit our esc and motors best, though 30q can improve the performance buy not much, during the speeding up and climbing 30q is much better. battery package serial and parrallel and cells all affect the discharge, but higher discharge is kind of waste on current escs, we are now working on upgraded esc with higher speed range thus require more powerful motors with suitable kv and with stronger battery supply, in this case 30q in 10s5p will be awesome.

2 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up :slight_smile: