DIY Trampa long 35 E-MTB | Dual VESC SIX | Sensored EMAX GT5345

Hi, I assume they just copied and pasted manual for their 6S ESC, I simply didn’t do this step :smiley: I only adjusted throttle trim on my nano remote to the point where it just barely doesn’t start motors.

1 Like

Ah ok :slight_smile: Thank you mate for fast reply.

Have a nice evening.

Hi Squad

How do you exactly mount the Ultrabox to your Trampa Deck? Do you have any Pictures of the Process?

With screws :smiley: If You mean electronics case, I Used longer screws used for mounting rear truck, put washers, nuts, tightened, then rubber pads, for vibrations dampening, then put ultrabox on top of protruding screws, and tightened with another nuts, voila, hope You get the idea. Those are the same screws that are used for mounting rear truck to the board, just longer.

Can u plz tel me were u got that gear

How do they compare to the roxxy esc

Hi. I cant tell you because my Maytech Sensor Sytem never worked as it should. Got problems with the “non calibration possibility” they only perform with about half the power. Have to send them back to China, maybe if i get them back anytime i can tell you more. Cheers

1 Like

I just sent back both of my Maytech 120A ESCs to China followed by a PayPal dispute. Half year ping-pong was quite enough from it. If you can get a pair of working, fully functioning ESCs, you are one of the most lucky MT120A owners, you should also consider buying a lottery ticket.

R, J.

1 Like

@BoardSportsRN forget about maytech cuz their service sucks! contact Jenny from fvt directly. She will put you in touch with the engineer that can help you.

@Nowind about calibration, better off using the GT2b so u can calibrate the trim in the remote.

Other than that once you get the correct firmware on them, they r the best esc I ever used. I feel like I’m riding a dirt bike now. Very smooth acceleration and braking. And it pops wheelies even with a 15 65 gearing. The esc is powerful.

I’ll have some good videos soon :smile:

4 Likes

Cool. Do you have your build log somewhere? Im also using 15/65 ratio… though with 9inch wheels and just 6s system… definately interested to try 10-12s sometime, so this maytech/fvt 12s esc might be the right one for that:)

Sorry for me being lazy… it gets tiresome to search for someone build log… wish it was easier and each user’s build log would be posted in the profile info :wink:

No build log, yet…:wink:

At 12s i get 35mph with smaller wheels. Its insane! I can barley control it at that speed if I hit a small bump.

1 Like

Do you have spring trucks or skate ones’?

regular spring trampa trucks with 8inch pnumatics

Just made a build log for you

1 Like

Hi, SO, my mountainboard was laying dead and useless in my garage for the past few months. I couldn’t find reliable ESC for it that would support 12S voltage and sensored motors.

-VESC 4.10- failed, constant problems with DRV chip, couldn’t deliver enough POWER for an eMTB. -Maytech 12S ESC, they were decent when worked, had punch, but I was unable to dial breakes in, even with updated FVT firmware, and one of them failed after a while of using, without any obvious cause (on flat ground, with minimal load on motors, they were abused much harder and I bombed some seriously steep hills offroad on them few days prior to this)

So I was left with pretty much no options left, BUT, FINALLY, @trampa opened preorder for VESC 6 beta batch, this seemed like right option for me.

I’m currently waiting for two of brand new VESC’s 6, and to use this time in the right manner I milled custom mount/heatsink for dual set up, also simplified my wiring, decided to dump antispark mosfet switch and use simple XT90 anti-spark loop key (my custom fet switch drained two of my lipo batteries when I left it plugged in for a month or so in my garage, that’s where my caster board got it batteries from).

Here is how my electronics case looks from outside now, it’s water tight and should provide nice passive cooling.

Also You can see on this pic I upgraded my chains and sprockets to #25HD, 6x2,8mm chains couldn’t stand abuse.

UPDATE, I made special loop key for my board, used AS 150 connectors (xt-90s seemed to small for dual mountainboard setup) they’re 7mm in diameter, it should be more than enough. Pins housing is made out of aluminium, and they’re screwed in then soldered together, actual loop is just to be able to pull it out.

Special housing for female AS 150 connectors was also made by me.

Everything inside electronics case is ready for two VESCs 6

Frank is keeping beta testers updated, and by end of this month my board should be shredding again! So stoked! :sunglasses:

12 Likes

hi thank you for your post i have a few questions to ask if you dont mind me asking how much in us$ did you spend on this build in total

1 Like

This build is like bottomless pit :smiley: I stopped counting after buying board, first VESCs 4.10, motors etc. It’s rather impossible to count every spent $ right now, there’s a part of me that doesn’t like to know that anyway :unamused: (it’s probably a few grand with all additional expenses like shipping, broken endmills etc.) There were some mistakes that could be avoided. HOPEFULLY, with VESC 6 I will have a robust, powerfull sensored 12S setup.

Thank you for the reply yeah I would love to tinker around and build my own board but I really​ don’t want to spend no more then 800$ and I am impatient and I just wanna ride an AT E board like now :frowning: I found this board on Amazon so I’m probably just going to buy it.

1 Like

I believe it’s really difficult to build no compromise board in this cost range. In the beginning of my eboards journey I thought: “yeah, of course it will be cheaper if I do it myself”, but now I have no illusions, in most cases it WILL be more expensive than pre build board :smiley:

2 Likes