DIY Mountain board under $500 China TaoBao

Haha maybe we can recreate this using some large scale rc truck parts (like 1:2 or 1:3 size)

have you seen this board somewhere else besides the listing of Taobao?

I think without the deck it might cost a lot cheaper… just the truck system…though not sure how easy it is to get it seperate but u had just the trucks shown in one of the pictures…

@Okami Which truck you talking about? the complicated suspension truck or normal spring truck? i never seen before at local country here.

The suspension truck costn $1300USD included 4x6384 270kv motor and wheel without the deck. I found that this china suspension truck is smaller then baja board.

yeh i meant suspension one.

mh it still costs quite a bit… but yeh aint easy to machine and install all of these parts, probably…

I wonder what the price could be without 4motors… I assume at ~900usd… it is actually somewhat reasonable, maybe, for such complicated construction… but who knows :slight_smile:

Guys this is literally a baja board-

I bet you this is like what happened with Jacobs hubs. baja boards has been progressing there design over the past couple years making many iterations, and just recently brought it to market with small batches. these are probably the exact trucks they designed just be sold by the factory that’s producing them.

I would really buy one. If there was more info on bulk deals and people committed to it

1 Like

I want that 36buck deck from post1!

Back to mountainboard topic, this looks like the one, amazon has started selling as ‘‘NineStep’’:

Tops at around 23mph, dual, 10s I think.

@benwong have you progressed forward with ordering parts etc?

Motor mount for 8USD sounds crazy, taking into consideration how much custom cnc’ed motor mounts cost… :smiley: Plus, I like that they have sort of a ‘‘under plate’’ since motor mount is more like ‘’ L’’ shape plate rather than just straight ‘’ I ‘’ plate.

No no no… topic is “taobao” and “under 500$”… i need cheap diy!

1 Like

It is more or less the same thing, only sold as complete, not as parts.

If nobody interested in complete’s review, fine by me.

Got it now:) but still want deck only

yeh sorry, didnt mean to partly answer to your topic, so I tried to say ‘‘back to mountainboard topic’’

No offense, then :wink:

Though im not sure how much shipping costs for such long item, this might be also a problem (opportunity) to ship these parts through mail, excluding the deck…

hey @benwong wonder how is your project going… I am also from SG and want to get into e-mountain boarding… not an expert on TB…

2 Likes

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/E-Wheel-Electric-Skateboard-Price-Brushless_60496316886.html

Found this guy today… chinese have did it… mountainboard with hub motors + I must say I do like the styling for the outside part of hub motors… at least they have made it somewhat stylish :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting. $340? You should request a “sample” and tell us how it goes.

@Mobutusan ah im not really into buying this thing… just thought to let others know it is available!

Shipping alone might cost 200-300$ dollars…

So that wold be about 640$ total…

Sounds cheap of course, yes…

but someone still need to get more details…

All I know about it is that it has 48v system and samsung batteries.

They had a one previous model before this one… and the previous one utilized belt drive system…

Though this one looks more for city terrain use… tires also need to be inspected… whenever they are filled with air or not…

Edit: ok they are ‘‘filled’’ or just hard…

At least Im not seeing any valve’s on either side of the tire…

I hate it that they still use nano remote but I think they run a different firmware or something, so it is working okay for them…

Battery box also looks a bit silly… :smiley: but hey, maybe in next version they will make it more slimmer!

1 Like

Did you ever build this?

No, i build a trampa. But i sell it ady.