DIY Motor Mount Adapter for Cronins

Are you using the carbon gt wheel pulley?

Enertion wheel pulleys. Only like 1mm overhang

Ah did you have to chop the trucks as with calibers as well?

Nope I made a longer axle

Do you have a post about that or pics? Having a hard time imagining how that works.

@Titoxd10001 can you drill and tap the gflex? Put a set screw in it.

On a different note, had a late day and didn’t catch up with my machinist. I’ll see what he came up with tomorrow.

@Jinra I haven’t tried to pull an axle yet, but I think they are just threaded in. Easy to make a longer one.

Here’s a pic of the one i haven’t installed in the front truck yet (Stock axle is bent)

@Chris1 yeah I was thinking of doing something like that I’ll see how it holds up.

1 Like

@Titoxd10001 I remember reading they weren’t solid axel’s, each side was threaded in. Maybe I’m crazy!

Ohh i see the entire axle is changed out. How does it stay in place from slipping side to side?

I’m not crazy!!!

@Chris1 you’re tripin, that’s for the billet Ronin’s lol. Cast just has knurls on one side. @Jinra I tried putting a set screw but it didn’t last because aluminum to soft so they’re just free floating for now (yes I have to tighten from both sides at the same time haha) but I’ll epoxy them one day.

1 Like

Thought that was overkill. I’m sure it would work just fine if you could get it threaded straight.

1 Like

The knurls leave a gap so epoxy is probably best to fill any gaps

Here she is boys…should fit a 18mm belt no problem.

4 Likes

Is that Mount Plastic??

Yes it is, just for mock up purposes. Real mount will be either steel or aluminum, not sure yet.

1 Like

With a 6374 mounted. When I tension the belt it clears the rear of the truck by about 3mm.

3 Likes

This is awesome. Is there a design file for this?

Thank you! Yes there is, but my machinist has it. Let me get it absolutely perfect before we release it. I’ll probably do a group buy for the final product when it is ready. As usual, the more he makes the cheaper they are.

2 Likes