Diy battery pack using Basen 26650 hi drain Li-ion cells

Nominal voltage 3.7v for Li-ion

@Namasaki li-ion is 3.6. Lipo is 3.7.

@delta_19 of course its blood. Most likely virgin blood of the innocent. And hell yes skatan can certainly help you make good packs as long as the requisite blood sacrifices are made.

I’m a little confused. My Li-ion cells have 3.7v printed on them and their specs say 4.2 max voltage

Well I’m a little torn between using spacers and gluing. I like how the spacers keep the cells from vibrating against each other and anything else and make the pack structurally sound so there is no stress on the weld nuggets. What I don’t like are the sharp edges.

What we need is someone to design some that are more rounded and 3D print them

28 posts were merged into an existing topic: Which Li-Ion Battery? How to charge with BMS?

@FrozenFury You are hijacking this thread from Namasaki. Your posts will be moved to your thread.

@longhairedboy There are lithium ion cells with 3.7v nominal voltage. Samsung 25Rs are taking over you. :joy:

you’r right. Its hard to keep up with all this. And i’m totally ate up with my sammys. I just love them so much.

@Namasaki my bad you’re right. It just depends on the cells i guess. I’m not used to seeing those around yet. typically in the past li-ion has been a tenth lower than lipo. If this becomes the norm it will make some things easier.

No worries Bro. Your input is always welcome.

I tested a couple of these cells and they really are 4500mah. This opens a new opportunity for high power, high capacity packs that are compact.

3 Likes

Especially when your building a 12s4p. Totally extreme. Your welds look really solid! What spot welder are you using? A pic would be cool!

Perfect fit!

14 Likes

Like a glove … With a crap load of fingers!

Looking good!!!

1 Like

Well done!

1 Like

Update: Battery Supports bms is out BesTechPower bms is in with 80a continuous, built in E-switch and over heat protection. http://bestechpower.com/37v10spcmbmspcbforli-ionli-polymerbatterypack/PCM-D223V1.html

1 Like

Where do you buy one of these from?

I like that it comes with an e-switch. I’m also interested in the BMS Enertion will be using.

1 Like

bestechpower.com is where he got it from.

You send an email to: [email protected] request to buy and full model number and specify 10s 80a I also included a link to the product page to be sure After a couple days they will give your email to someone who speaks english and they will be your contact. First they send you a quote for the item, after you accept the quote, they request your shipping info. Once they have that, they will send you an invoice with total including shipping and you have to pay the paypal fee if you use paypal. The invoice will also have their paypal email address for payment. their lead time is 5-7 days

P.S. When you order from BesTech. Be sure to read through the parameters on the spec sheet that they send you. They will set the over current protection at 240a. You can request them to lower it at the factory. I’m having mine set at 120a and will be using a fuse to protect the batteries.

4 Likes