Disappointing torque and speed

For my current VESC/batteries or the Zippy’s if/when I go that route?

for both. this just means your vesc will shutdown if more than 53V is applied (regen braking)

Hey thanks. I’ll do it. Any thoughts as to why I’m getting such a slow ride with the posted VESC settings? Each pack is showing about 90% charged with 33+V.

when your vesc is connected, on the app tab ppm config, do you see the display bar do it’s full swing (hit the max and min of the bar)

could be a mechanical issue where your belt is to tight, or my last guess is your batteries are not able to output enough current

Recycled li-ion. Do you know which? They likely have a one or two amp ability. Do they get warm? Bet that’s what sucks. They’re probably toasted from what you’ve done so far. Get some cheap lipo and youll be flying

Ok. The ppm setting allows a full 0-100 on live remote. The belt has a little play.

Last thing left … Batteries :weary:

3p and recycled laptop cells. Definatey. Even if they were new. It’s good news. You can get lipos cheaply

Sooooo… @JLabs says 4s x 2 lipo. What is ‘cheap’? And what mAh for a 10-12 mile range?

I don’t know the math for ur 260kv motor and the max erpm but I think u might be able to go 12s and just limit the erpm. That way u can keep the vesc cooler and the battery happier. I’d figure if that’s possible first. There are so many different batteries u could get. Just assume everything is half its stated c rating.

I get 20 real miles on 8ah and 12s. Not sure what nominal voltage is 12a but I like to call it 50v…so 400watthours. That’s like 200watthours to 10 miles

Cheap is hobbyking

The more the mah the more the range but also the current capability. 8000mah x 30c=240a discharge rate.

Idk if you guys noticed, the first battery was li ion and not lipo cells. So that was an obvious no power when its only 8S3P as 3 parallels li ion could only discharge max around 30A constant which is very poor.

But its good that Chaka noticed it I suppose. Get high discharge / setup more parallels / more capacity and you’re good to go.

according to that calculator, I’m only getting 70% efficiency on my new setup 10s 190kv 15/36 pulleys 90mm wheels 21mph top speed my Lipo setup was only 60% efficient according to the calc. 12s 230kv 16/36 pulleys 90mm wheels 28mph top speed Wondering if the vesc will improve this situation.

Really? This replacement Samsung in an 8s would be closer to what? 60A in 3p?

Specs per battery:

Chemistry: INR Max Continuous Discharging Current: 20A Max Pulse current (less than one second pulse): 100A Typical Capacity: 2500mAh Style: Flat top Dimensions: 64.85 ± 0.15 mm (L) x 18.33 ± 0.07mm (D) Weight: 43-45g Discharge cut-off voltage: 2.5V Voltage: 3.6V Full Charge Voltage: 4.2V ± 0.05V Origin: South Korea

20A you think this constant as a constant? Not sure. You at least about 4p to get a nice torque start. Its easy to tell the difference between high amps setup compared to low amps setup. If your maths is right, eboard shouldnt pull more than 10-20A if you are gentle with throttle. Try to do 2p if that would make a difference, pretty sure it will dissapoint you.

The thing is that these motors on eboard could pull alot of amps although the amount of amps required are not so much. However the more “ready” amps you can deliver, it just burst all the way. General conception of electricity is that you can’t never have too much amps. Your load decides.

For what is worth I’m getting 27mph on full charge 9s lipo. Torqueboards 230kv (they are actually 190-200kv chaka said) 15/36 gearing with 90mm abecs. I also tried 12s but limited the erpm to 60,000 (can reach 67,000) and got 31mph, but should achieve around 36 on full charge.

Don’t forget rider weight is a huge factor

1 Like

I am about 195lbs and I can pull around 2000 watts on a powerful system accelerating from zero.

2000/8s-28.8v=70amps

If you want this kind of power from common 18650’s then you need at least 7 cells in parrallel, even at this size it will lack punch due to excessive voltage sag. In my experience common laptop grade cells will burst to 10 amps for short periods but high discharge 20amp cells will give you much more punch due to the lower resistance when only asked to output 10amps per cell.

1 Like

I’m 210lbs and am only using one 6355 till i get my dual going. I’m scared to go faster because the “turbo” kicks in at 29+mph and it caught me off guard last time

I’m 190 and with 2 TB 6355 230kv and 12s Lipo I got only 28mph Are you using Vesc?

Yes im using a vesc