DieBie JTAG 12s BMS | Gauging Interest | NONPROFIT

@Steve-81 Initially the form was just to check interest so no email address was asked to the very first participants. I admit it was a huge mistake.

@longhairedboy I pm’d you the instructions to the payment.

I remember you saying you wanted to buy 10! I understand that might be in jest, but if you would buy the remaining 8, that would be awesome!

1 Like

In the US you have to pay import tax over 800$ if I remember right, so I would suggest not to take more than 7 to avoid such taxes.

Update: just 4 are unpaid !

i just bought 4.

10 was a slight exaggeration for a sample amount, but beleive me, if these guys work out… i will be ordering them by the 10’s.

Also as a side note i’m doing insane things with a 13S BMS i just got from battery supports involving an unwitting focbox but that’s off topic.

1 Like

You must be the one and only guy who likes the smell of DRV in the morning don’t you :innocent:?

2 Likes

the smell… the feel… the aroma and sensation… of magic smoke is alluring… intoxcating… i must have more burning componentry in my sphere of being…

3 Likes

Sorry, i was on my hard earned “no mails”-vacation, will pay ASAP. @fedestanco i am not sure, did i order one or two?

Take as many as you need. We are at 19 currently so yours could be the last one.

i am pretty sure i had just one, just did not want to mess sth up with you planning.

Money sent.

Received. We are full. Tomorrow I will place the first order for all the Wurth components. Special thanks to @DoubtingThomas since he agreed to forward the stuff to me from Germany.

5 Likes

VOTE ONLY IF YOU ARE A “BACKER”, thanks

FUSE POLL: Please choose the amperage that best suits you needs. To make things easier, everybody will get the same (the winner).

• 60 amps
  • 80 amps
  • 100 amps

0 voters

The current draw can be adjusted on the vesc and the BMS itself so this is really just for protection in case of a short, so I’d say 80A or 100A.

Fuse will be 100A. First order placed in Germany.

Need to buy an ST LINK for programming, suggestions are appreciated.

The only site I found is:

they have European distributors, and price isn’t bad at all, something about 23-25 USD. I’m not home in those things, but it says it works on STM8 and STM32 too.

1 Like

Nice find.

I thought I found one also on , but it stated it for programming ESCs.(not sure it can work on BMS as in erase current esc data and put on BMS program) $15USD.

The VESC is STM32 so that should work just fine for the BMS as well BTW, its very easy to find STM programmers:

http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/STMicroelectronics/ST-LINK-V2/?qs=H4BOwPtf9MC1sDQ8j3cy4w%3D%3D https://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/stmicroelectronics/ST-LINK-V2/497-10484-ND/2214535

1 Like

I have one of these. No problems uploading the boot-loader to a new VESC; should work for what you need. http://www.ebay.com/itm/STLink-V2-Programmer-Unit-Metal-Shell-STM8-STM32-Emulator-Downloader-DIY-/162195254305?hash=item25c3972c21:g:Z-YAAOSwMgdX0NYc

UPDATE: Cables all ordered and are being crimped; they are 4/bms and came out 3,5€/bms. There is no more margin for a fuse so I will just give back 0,5€ in the next payment. The balance cable is custom crimped and I choose 50cm 22awg balance leads.

COMPONENTS: jtag just confirmed the BOM so I can now place the big order Wurth stuff has been ordered BUT there are few screwholders in backorder. I hope they wont take much to restock.

PCBassembly and PCBs are still not paid because jtag wanted to double check the files (very nice of him).

3 Likes