Dead wiiceiver from Austin David. HELP! (Fixed Kind Of)

I’ll have to agree with @Michaelinvegas. I was put off by the lack of cruise control, but after a couple falls caused directly by the Wiiceiever, I switched to this remote.

Best decision ever. Way more control over the motor. Don’t even need a cruise control feature. The throttle smoothing was actually more of a headache than anticipated.

Nah man dont listen to them. Keep it nyko kama all the way. Triggers suck.

Maybe make a video of what ots doing. Or take loads of pictures.

By the way, I’m not trying to persuade you to get the trigger remote, though it does sound like it. I’ve just had some bad experiences with the Wiiceiver, to the point where I either have anxiety just riding my board or don’t ride at all.

DIY is about preference/customization and it will always be that way.

@lowGuido reserves his trigger finger for :nose:t2: Lol

I will tomorrow have u ever had the problem?

It actually sounds like a problem with the kama itself. Try the place you got it from

@Michaelinvegas I reserve my trigger finger for

1 Like

one way of checking it is getting someone close by who also has a kama and seeing if it will connect, then you can tell if its a problem with the reciever or the chuck. i have had about 5 or 6 kama’s and they all connect to any of the recievers.

1 Like

I rate you may have fried something on the dongle. It makes sense that if the micro blew, and was fixed by replacing, that some peripheral components might be gonners too, and there is lots that can go wrong on that dongle. Have you soldered the dongle directly to the wiiceiver board yet? Either that or +1 to @lowGuido’s suggestion.

Also, wiiceiver and nunchucks all the way. They are great. I have had 1 fall from it, but once you figure it out and nail down the way YOU built your board and have done the wiring etc, it’s smooth sailing. Also, I’m slowly modding the wiiceiver firmware to my safety standards and tastes. It’s not all that hard.

Do any of you have a spare nunchuck? I bought a yobo on amazon for $10 and it dosnt work… I will give $15 to $20 for one… Thanks

@makepeace @lowGuido @Michaelinvegas @lilracerboi @torqueboards @claudiofiore88

I think that when the AtMega shorted, it also shorted the Nyko nunchuck dongle

Where are you located?

I have two used ones

Yes please!! I will PM you @Michaelinvegas

I still have mine. I’d probably sell it with the wiiceiver as a combo maybe.

I have a receiver from Austin and water sipped in. Got a new one works great. And a nyko Kama from eBay