Dead VESC not sure why?

Oh yea it was probably user error but not sure how. I was running conservative settings and only at about 40kerpm when flat out. The weird thing is how long it worked with the exact same setting before

Guys… when are going to understand that the 60K limits is never really a issue if the rest of the setup is alright. @GrecoMan it doesn’t take much to kill a DRV (specially on certain kind of vesc, might be bad soldering), just touching two wire for less than a millisecond is enough.

1 Like

@JohnnyMeduse What do you mean “if the rest of the set up is alright” :confused:

Yep. what do you mean? I am about to send back 2 245kv motors and go get 200kv to run “safe” VESCs with 10s li-ion battery…

replaced the transceiver on the dead one and it WORKED. Super excited right now. But the other vesc still lights up blue and green and I can hook it to the pc and get no fault codes. But after a minute of being plugged in I felt the transceiver and it was SUPER hot. So is it possible its like half assed burnt out? Also I don’t know if I’m looking for faults correctly I went to the terminal window and types fault and it says no faults. Am I doing that wrong. I tried doing a motor detection and it fails with no fault code still.

For can Bus, see this: http://www.lp-electronic.com/vesc/connect-two-vesc-via-can-bus/ Especially the electrical part.

im confused my can bus always worked. I litteraly rode my board and everything was fine. Put it away went to ride it a week later and my vesc only has a blue and green led that light up. The red led never blink 3 times and I get no fault codes. going to try replace the transceiver tonight if that don’t work ill order the drv chip and attempt that as well…

What procedure do you use for powering up your board, do you use a simple switch or a lipos and Y connector, so you need to plug back your vesc each time?

If you just started in the eboard I suggest you to follow tye 60k, or else you would have to play with some parameter that can damage your vesc if they are wrong… Also it highly depend on the type of Vesc your using, the motor, and the firmware. On the bench we have been able to push some Focbox over the 100k limits (I don’t recommend trying that)…

Not really new to e-sk8, just find innecessary to burn things. I opened a specific thread(poll included) about my matter. I think I will play safe and get lower kv motors for my new build :wink:

Edit: it will be local soldered vescs, ackmaniac firmware, 4.12 hw.

So I replaced the drv and now I actually get the blinking leds but now it says drv fault is there anything else I can test I was extremely careful soldering it on so idk why I’m getting this error.