DARTH VAPOR street fighter & offroad version | 130KV | VESC6 FOC | 12S12AH (x2) | CUSTOM X-MOUNT & CARBON DECK cover

Some lost scene ā€¦

:wink:

3 Likes

to celebrate my +1.7kWh new capacity, a little preview of a short record of my today cruising under FW3.32 +metr.at ! :smile: it disconnect all the time, so ā€¦ yeah nothing to see ā€¦ I really have to deport it out of this little box !

2 Likes

What batteries did You use to get over 1kWh? Iā€™m looking around for something that could provide me with more range, last time me and Idea rode together off-road my 12S10Ah battery allowed me to travel about 18km, thought for a while about 12S8P liion pack but it probably wouldnā€™t fit in my battery box without modding or changing it. For now Iā€™m looking at turnigy multistar 6S16Ah bricks and wondering if they would perform good or not, their price is temptingā€¦

:smile: yeah it was exactly my little problem ! With 2x6S12Ah15c graphene it works fine (something like you 20km range) so I buy 2 more for the backpack. The setup is at his maximum weight imo. And I actualy get a fully garage/workshop in my backpack (to besure to alway finish the ride). I will make some place for this 2 new babies !! So got 4x6s12Ah15c / 12s 24Ah 30c if I really want some time (Its easy to add them on the top of the central box). And I also got small one actually, in case for training at a spot and want a lightweight setup : 4 x 6s 8Ah 15c Graphene too = 12s 16Ah 30c I dont know if I keep them but I think its good to have too (I can have different weighted setup 12s8Ah, or 12s12Ah that I know well now, 12s24Ah easy with backpack or 12s40Ah for long WE multiride but ā€¦HMG that weight in the back ā€¦

So grand total of 1776 Wh if I really really want :blush: around 80km !?!? :stuck_out_tongue:

The discharge rating of cells stays the same no matter how You connect them, they still can provide 15C BUT if You connect two 12Ah packs parallel, itā€™s 15 times new capacity which is 24Ah, so 360A instead of 180 (which in any case is more than enough :wink: )

But holy f*** 80kms, thatā€™s impressive :smiley: Iā€™m more and more leaning toward buying those multistars, if they wonā€™t sag that much (they shouldnā€™t, even with their 10C rating itā€™s 160A continous discharge, and I never saw currents exceed like 80-90A burst), they would be really nice long range batteries.

1 Like

:blush: ho yes ā€¦ thanks ! Yes I could connect my 2 x 12s12Ah pack in // for a crazy lipo pack ( but with the weight its will be more for long cool ride hikingā€¦and after I forget the jumps :smile: ) Yes, I thinks 160A its fine and for the price and cool long ride like you say it should work fine ā€¦ Iā€™m with 180A like you know (Iā€™m with 60amps batt max and 70 motor max actually) and its fine not hot in the closed Drybox, I saw around 70amps batt max in ackmaniac/VDLA ā€¦

1 Like

Hey hey hey e-riderz !

1st ride on snow here around Paris :smile: as directmeent roll in the water, itā€™s the same !!!..

she had to sleep in the hallway ā€¦ she dripped for hours after that ā€¦ but at least the deck and tires are all clean now :blush:

Also, got my 2nd reccorded section on metr app (of only 1.4km :cry: ) !.. youhou ā€¦ I try anything I guess, now I will send to @Pimousse toswitch it at 9600b soā€¦

Good friday all :wink:

6 Likes

Hey e-riders !

Last ride of the year,ā€¦ Really great as fĀµck! !! some unnecessary shots :

and a good little drop in less than 30min :smile: then we take the opportunity for a full cleaning wind-up at the end of the year !!

:wave: best wishes to all :wink:

8 Likes

Before dismantling :blush: some funny shot :

7 Likes

Hey hey hey e-riders !

Finally back in the Darth adventure, but 1st want to thank you all for your sharing, inspiration, and motivation !! Particularly @Pimousse & @Yann that I annoy very regularly and always the heart on the hand full of good advice and Squad, @Der6FingerJo, @stewii, @Idea, @LukePL, @Nowind, @DanSkates, @Kug3lis, @longhairedboy (sorry 10 names max ā€¦) ESK8-FR and all of you once again for all the good things, words and advice sharing on this forum ! (Also thanks to okp and fottaz for another build that Iā€™m making for Zigm4 that he will show you soon :blush: )

Now that Iā€™m making another little training eATB (I target less than 10 kilos), not as powerful as the Darth but as long as it rolls, I have work to at least pretend to do mini jumps ! So I really want to let go of the aesthetics of this setup ā€¦ we will see where I could go ā€¦

the Darth is in pieces. Here is what happened to the deck :sweat_smile: :

So, I start to remake a DIY enclosure 3D print then layered :

Now a lot of work is waiting for me and I can not wait to re-ride again so, weā€™ll have to move my ass now !!!

to be continued ā€¦

8 Likes

Looking forward to seeing the next Darth evolution!

1 Like

Thanks Dan ! Yes me too :star_struck: (but, no evolution on the hearth of the board > the amazing VESC6 + Overion transmission and 6374 130kv + 12s Graphene is my perfect combo for now.)

But I would like to innovate and try something different just right. I take all the advice and ideas, what will be an evolution for you ? :blush:

1 Like

agreed, canā€™t top that right now! VESC 6 really is completing mountainboards.

What i would really like to see is a sick ass looking enclosure for batteries on top of a mtb deck. Right now i only like the Lipos without anything on them because ultraboxes just look so clunky. I originally wanted to print something but i doubt that it would hold up when made out of PLA, and anything else would take really long and get expensive.

Anyways, canā€™t wait to hear about all your upcoming projects mate!

1 Like

PETG maybe?

That would be better than PLA. But iā€™m not sure about PETG in general , the Benchys i printed with PETG are really stiff and strong, much more so than the plaā€™s, but i got the feeling that my petg motor mounts flexed more than the pla ones.

WOW - your board has some seriously nice electrics dude! Iā€™m hoping to upgrade to some of these components in the future.

The evolution for me is going to be my riding - I wanna go faster, jump higher and spin more! :crazy_face: Btwā€¦finally got round to editing my video and just added it to my thread - check it out!

1 Like

Donā€™t really know if we could call it like that :smile: itā€™s absolutely not optimized for space saving or other thing but I want a funny and more out of the ordinary case. So thatā€™s it :

I clean it and redo one or two shoots :wink:

3 Likes

Carbon looks always nice :smiley:

1 Like

True ! Looks so cool :blush:

But I was also thinking about something funny too ā€¦ or not ā€¦ donā€™t really know ā€¦

Please help me, what would you see ??

nĀ°1 Normal, sober, with some black painted graphism or line ā€¦ or nothing ā€¦

nĀ°2 Nos bottle !

nĀ°3 I was more thinking about a rocket reactor like (bullet here, not the best idea :smile: but easier photoshop for what I want to show you) ā€¦

0 voters

:sweat_smile: thanks for your help !

2 Likes

I have to go with carbon fiber optics as a serious answer, but some nos bottles would be really fun :smiley:

2 Likes