Custom Reflective Night Wear

Just have it run down to a pocket and chuck the battery pack in there.

Or yanno you could be super duper cool and run it down to your feet into your shoes (which are also el wired) and run it into one of those little wireless charging pad things that is in the board then bam, when you stand on your deck instant eye strain for drivers

1 Like

Meh I kinda hate it. Crsh crsh fwoop “ahhhh the crowd goes wild” (That was me crumpling it up and tossing it in the bin hahaha)

Ok next idea. Big ass hand, as in talk to the, also known as the crossing guard middle finger.

Maybe a mandala version to give it some umph. Wait a minute this is a jacket not a lower back tattoo… hmmm

3 Likes

I think a gigantic reflective middle finger surround by the words “I’m skating here!” on the back of a hoodie would be fantastic.

4 Likes

Lol I’m on it!

Maybe with the middle finger serving as the I in I’m

2 Likes

My wife and mother in law were just talking about reflective shirts. They said I shouldn’t ride it to work which is about 7-8 miles each way because I don’t have reflective shirts. So I would definitely be willing to be a guinea pig for it

1 Like

Dude that is awesome. Down for 1

1 Like

If the internet has taught how to read these. It certainly DO BL, NT INK.

2 Likes

this would look cool with “PLEASE DON’T FUCKING HIT ME” Screenshot_15

2 Likes

like this?

"FUCK YOU"

"I'M SKATING HERE"
3 Likes

Nice I’m glad this project is turning some gears :slight_smile:

These are all great ideas. I should have the first samples done by the beginning of next week. My reflective sheets have already been shipped out and should be waiting for me when I return to the office Monday.

For the more detailed stuff, such as the skeleton or the lines of the angel what we’ll do is stitch a satin outline around the perimeter of the object, then go back with black (or any dark color) and stitch in the detail. For example the skeleton we could invert the color so it’s silver and the details are dark, or put it inside a slightly larger bordering background, making him dark again the silver

Should look really cool at night!

With text well need to remember to keep it big and bold if you want the letters to shine, or to do a reflective background with dark letters for thinner stuff. Can’t wait to get started!

1 Like

I am definitely interested. I would totally represent the skull shirt, as my brand logo for Boney Boards has a skull in it.

1 Like

Oh crap I totally forgot to update, I started creating objects out of all these ideas so they’d be easily editable. My reflective sheet came in this afternoon but I got hung up working, dinner, then spending time on my own build. So far I did a few different skulls, all the text ideas on the thread, and adjusted some other designs I was working on for this project. I’m hoping to stitch out a reflective sample tomorrow

I did slap together a boney boards in hat size but really I just was starting with creating the objects and happened to stitch this out while I was tinkering with the CHP badge order (gotta get those brownie points in case they try to give me esk8 grief ya know)

2 Likes

I’ll probably go with a giant middle finger for the first sample, I think it’d look really good reflective and huge lol. We’ll see how crazy tomorrow gets at the office :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dude how did you get my logo. Minus the distressed look which I agree would not work for the reflective aspect. That looks fucking killer dude. I wasn’t even expecting that at all but I am totally shocked and love it.

1 Like

I just Googled it man :smiley: This was done small, and I used stitching to do the letters rather than outlining applique letters which will be the process we use for big and reflective

I stitched it out on some flat backing just because one of the embroidery machines was doing nothing. But honestly if I were to actually stitch it on a hat I would redo the skull as meant for that size, just to make it look cleaner and crisper.

Hoping to do some cool samples today!

1 Like

That’s pretty sweet I would be able to get you Vector Image if you ever needed it. That would be awesome if I had a reflective shirt with my logo on the front and then something on the back that was reflective

1 Like

This is awesome. Not only for riding but for my work as well.

1 Like

Forgot I had a dentist appointment yesterday so that sucked up a couple hours of my day and really killed my ambition for the rest of it lol

I did start my first two reflective applique test passes so I will post it as soon as I get a chance to finish. I ended up ordering spools of true metallic gold and silver as well which came in, so the first sample for the trucking company is 3M Reflective sheet with metallic silver borders and metallic gold shadowing for the larger letters.

The metallic I thought would look cool mixed with the reflective, as it will catch the light in a different way as well as draw the eye during the day. It may not be up

Here’s the first test pass I ran, I did the silver/gold I outlined above, and for the lower panel used a regular non-metallic silver that matches well. I also showed using black text on top of reflective sheet to verify it looks clean. I’m really anal about small mistakes so let’s go ahead and point them all out lol

1. Could save run time by pre-cutting shapes, then laying down a placement stitch. For exact measurements will test cutting settings to do it with our lasers.

2. Small areas such as inside of “G” need to be filled in with color of garment AFTER tack down stitches, but BEFORE final applique border

3. Slight movement of “IA” due to push/pull causing slight space between shadow and applique border, add slight overlap and pull compensation so it wont happen on final sample.

4. Remove small amount of column width from black lettering, looks a little congested.

5. Will do applique stitching manually, though the program did it well, I feel I could have halved the amount of applique work by tacking down all shapes first before the frameout and cutting

6. There are some tiny bits of applique peeking outside of the border, won’t be in the next pass I was using different scissors at the time.

The fluorescent lighting doesn’t do the colors justice, test pass 2 is in the machine now and I will do an actual wearable sample this afternoon. Will start with a large middle finger + Text or the Boney Boards logo

2 Likes

That looks pretty clean to mean the mistakes don’t take away from the purpose of this.

1 Like