Custom made CNC motor mounts available for sale

That was a year ago @jktobin1 (and for one mount, single drive) And the mount has holes for both 50xx & 63xx motors

There were many iteration and improvement since first-run production. Current mount is universal to any 50xx and 63xx motors.

Are you still doing Paris V2 mounts? I only see Caliber and Torque 218 on the site.

Sorry, no longer doing Paris mounts.

I want to understand why there is so little demand for Paris trucks, they are do uch better than caliber 2s.

2 Likes

I was lucky enough to cancel my Amazon order. :-/. Looks like i’ll be sticking with Caliber or Torqueboards+ trucks.

Why do you say that? Honest question.

1 Like

The profile of Paris hangers are truer from hanger to hanger, less deviation in measurement. Plus the paris baseplate has more room for lean.

4 Likes

because the king pin is slightly higher?

1 Like

Because the base plate is round at the from so there’s nothing to hit until the deck.

1 Like

you mean for drop mount? or top mount. don’t really get what you said. and you liked my reply so doesthe kingpin matters?

The problem with most trucks is on the lean. The hanger will hit the baseplate in the side of the hanger that is forward. That happens less on Paris trucks than in caliber trucks, as in you can lean more before contact.

I haven’t looked at it critically, so I’m not sure if the kingpin comes into okay. I have measure the angle of tilt in like setups where the only difference is Paris or Caliber trucks.

Also, there are lots of well made motor mount options available for Paris trucks. Psychotiller’s RIPBA mounts are elegent. It took 30 mins for me to sand down a paris hanger, both sides, and they litterally cannot move with the force/friction fit.

I guess what I’m saying is that assuming an inexpensive build I would prefer patis trucks over caliber trucks, also I want to understand why more people don’t.

2 Likes

Probably same reason psychotiller switched to press fit rather than the bolted on bracket like @Sender has. Its easier on the masses.

2 Likes

That’s the thing, these are press fit. The RIPBA mounts that is. They are elegent in design and fit. For all the people using bolt in mounts there are plenty of good designs in the same vein for Paris.

I just ment press fit on surfrodz requires no modifications. The brackets did. Clamps on calibers require no modifications. The mount Paris does. I don’t mind the extra steps but some people can’t handle it.

1 Like

I guess I can understand that, but this is a diy forum and we are talking about 30 mins. Over the total time committed to a build 30 mins is nothing.

1 Like

Agreed. But you know… people. Lol

2 Likes

@mmaner is totally correct Paris is a better truck I think also … I find calibers very dead like. And very sloppy until you tine them properly. But I’m also use to more precision set ups with my regular push…now I’ve got some of these and I tell you boys I think these are f## AWESOME…the new Aera and Powell Peralta collaboration truck … the RF-1 …been waiting three years for these trucks to come out …These trucks work with all the k5 precision components hanger bases kingpins axels…I want a mount fro these…I’m trying to get ahold of longer Axel’s for the bearing fit pullysScreenshot_20190101-101907

2 Likes

Screenshot_20190101-101826

3 Likes
1 Like