Custom made CNC motor mounts available for sale

COOL!!! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Do want. How buy?

1 Like

Hi @marcmt88! I asked you a couple of weeks ago about mounts for Cronins. Back then they were not available. That’s why i desided not to use Cronins, but some Bear Kodiaks. Are you able to create a clamp for those trucks as well? I can provide you all dimensions you need! That would be awesome!

+1 for Kodiak, ad soon as you have a clamp, I’ll take a set for a buddies board.

2 Likes

Ronin’s motor mount is available now without the need for hangar modification.

3 Likes

Yeah, saw that. Really cool design. I would love to have a CNC mill as well…

Meanwhile I don’t have cronins any more and I am so in love with the kodiaks. I will provide some pics and dimensions!

1 Like

Thanks for the dimension. I can engineer a clamp for this truck. Since I don’t have the physical mount in hand I would machine the opening a bit undersized, you would have to file down to fit. Can you also snap a picture straight on the axle with attached plate?

I asked bear to provide me some STL, STEP or what ever file of the truck. Let’s see if they will do so :slight_smile:

Some more pics…

http://beartrucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Kodiak_Gallery_Side.jpg http://beartrucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Kodiak_Gallery_Back.jpg http://beartrucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Kodiak_Gallery_Front.jpg http://beartrucks.com/?page_id=17254

1 Like

There is a curvature on couple sides of the hangar. To make a more accurate clamp I would also need the dimension of the square section. That way I can extrapolate to the curvature to get the radius dimension.

I just got my set delivered. The mounts were fine but it seems that both my Torque Boards 218mm trucks are a bit asymmetrical which caused some issues with the installation. On both my trucks, one side is about 1mm thicker than the other. The clamps fit perfectly on one side but the other required quite a bit of sanding and persuading with a heavy object to finally slide in. But once it made it past about an 1/2 inch, it slid in fine the rest of the way.

You can see the scrapes on one side:

Once everything finally fit:

@marcmt88 Thanks for the quick shipment. Perhaps you want to consider making the clamps’ opening slightly larger to account for Torque Boards mount’s variability?

1 Like

The problem is all cast trucks have dimensional variability along the hangar. The clamps are designed to be undersized rather than over, you would need to file down protruding nubs a tad bit to get a custom fit.

I see. I didn’t have the same issue with other Caliber trucks I tried so some seem to better than others.

Here’s a trick, take the bolt out of the ring and get a long flat-head screw driver. Put some tape over the screwdriver business end and use it to slightly lever the mount ring a tad more open when sliding it on

1 Like

There are some more pics.

2 Likes

Oooh sexy verniers.

Please take notes of these dimension:

2 Likes

Would like to get a set for Paris 180 trucks.

Hi Jeffery, I would need to know the wheel size for your setup. I can send out a set today. The motor mount is $50 per set including US shipping. Set includes 1 clamp, 1 universal motor arm, dual idlers (4 bearings) and all stainless hardware. My paypal account is [email protected]. To avoid additional $4 transaction fee, please use “friends and family” and include a shipping address.
Thanks, Marc

Thanks for getting back so quick.

I was looking to run 80mm Orangatang Kegels with a Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 motor. I am going to start out with a single motor setup but envision going to duals eventually. What is the largest motor I could fit on those trucks with your mounts in a dual setup (6354, 6364, 6374)?

Is it best to buy both sets of mounts now (so they match) or spread it out? Also any suggestions for pullys/belts for this setup?

Thanks, Jeffrey

With my current Paris motor mount, only 5045s motor would fit dual running side-by-side. Any larger size motor would require a diagonal setup or one on front, the other on back truck. If you plan on dual setup in the future, I would recommend getting two so they match. Typical 15/36T pulleys running 80mm wheels would be 330-340mm belt length. Hope that help. Marc