Creation of ''E-board database''. Please give your feedback!

Is @evoheyax in this team as well? Isn’t he making a database?

My database: esk8parts.us

I’ve been programming this site in my spare time. I’ve been spending more time lately on making a better board the last few weeks. But I want to keep going. I posted a topic about needing mods a few weeks ago, but didn’t get any thing really.

The site is incomplete by far, but I will have some time in early august to hammer out the real features. Right now, I need mods to check categories and decide what specs should be kept for every category of part. I’m also likely missing part categories.

Cool! I had a similar idea actually :slight_smile: If extra development help is needed / wanted let me know!

Do you know any programming language - PHP, HTML, Javascript?

If yes, then there is a possibility that you might help @DeathCookies at some point, so he does not have to code everything.

If you are not into programming that much, then there’s another area where help is needed

VESC Related information

It would be great, if VESC users could suggest what entries / data fields should be there for ‘‘Vesc related data’’. As I am not an Vesc expert / user myself, then we fall a little bit short on this one.

Hey Okami, really like your idea!! I checked the google doc today and was thinking it might make sense to add battery cutoff value, besides I think it looks quite complete.

Maybe a nice feature for all the VESC users could as well be a upload option for the VESC settings, just a idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really great idea! Later I will implement an upload of the config file of the VESC that it will automatically extract the needed information!

1 Like

:smiley: wow that sounds awesome! really looking forward to see this project progressing!

And sorry, but my programming skills are a bit rusty, but if you have questions related to hosting, apache configs or something, feel free to come my way.

I am a Java Script developer and web designer with experience in React, React-Native, Webpack, Babel. (Ofc I also know vanilla, jQuery, HTML and CSS) I could maybe help with the front end. Send me a pm if interested.

Hi there, to all of you who did notice this little project

Some time has passed and I am willing to share the progess which has been made.

Here is the short link to the page we have created so far:

www.ej.uz/e8base

As of right now the page still lacks some important features and design attributes. It is possible to take a look and get a ‘‘raw sample’’ of what it should look and feel like once it is finished.

Reason I’m posting this is because as of right now there’s only one main programmer doing all the heavy lifting, if, perhaps, few more people could jump in (by investing few hours or so) this project could progress further at a faster pace!

If some of the ideas are still not clear or information is lacking or mixed, let me know! I will try to describe the concept and the expected outcome as good as I can!

Would be great to build this platform, which would be benefical to a lot of users, as I believe a lot of important data and notes can be missed in these long build logs and posts.

We intend to incorporate compare function, so that it is possible to take a look at 5 different boards at the same time.

Next level would be VESC DATA UPLOAD. You could see what parameters/settings others are using and perhaps borrow some of the ideas/info out of it.

And, finally, one of the things which are sort of close / important for me right now - somewhat decent AMP DRAW DATA, of course, this is heavily depending on the user input but I do hope that we generate some interest in the future and that we start collecting easy to access field data for Li-Ion battery pack builders.

Hold on till our next update!

2 Likes

Important to know is that this project has the backend wtitten in PHP!

Is this project somewhere on github? This would make contributing easier. If i find the time to finish my VESC XML parser and validator, i could add this too.

EDIT: Maybe @makevoid wants to add some of his Ideas:

But maybe it is better to wait for the rewrite of the BLDC-Tool, as the data-structure will also be subjected to changes.

Hi guys just to chip in - I have experience (in order of best known) of HTML, PHP, and a little bit of JS. Im sure i could help out in my downtime if im needed? Depends on the amount of work - cant guarantee much as I have a full time job.

I’ve checked out all the sites in this thread, at very least I could help out with your data structures and display in PHP, and have a good shuffle round of the HTML/CSS to make the site more aesthetically pleasing :slight_smile:

Vesc esc firmware revisions vs failures. Known firmware issues and fixes

how are you going to code this up?

What do you mean exactly?

Tech stack / language etc etc

Currently pure php, js, css + html. Mixed wildly, strangely…

What happened to this? I think it’s a good idea

As I was not a direct programmer / maker of the project, more like a co-creator / supporter of this database then, I think, @DeathCookies can answer this one better.

So, before he has answered to this topic personally, I will try to give my answer to this question:

So - the short answer to that (from my perspective) is that it got a bit stuck

He was just one guy doing all the heavy lifting, though there was @karma also who helped with design here and there but for the structure/functions side @DeathCookies was the only one progressing the project further from bare bones / structure perspective

I was helping with ideas and just tried to keep it on track, though, I think @deatchookies can reveal more on what stopped him from taking it further and also making it possible for others to join the project.

Personally, I remember him saying that he also has main job and that he had been very busy lately to continue the project (at the time it started to slow down)… and he also mentioned that he has done some mistakes to the code and general structure of the page, so it is very hard to revert that back, so that others could use and understand what he has made…

Personally, would have loved to see this project grow and propel (prospect) further… I assume it is not a one man’s (one programmer’s job) to make this happen… so in order to achieve this… we either would need to encourage @DeathCookies to finish it up (make it accesible for others)… or just start from scratch sadly… of course, the 2nd option is not so nice and motivating,

So I do hope it is still possible to resurect some parts of what has been already done and make it into a somewhat good and useful page for fellow eboard enthusiasts and builders, who might really need and would benefit from easier search engine of builds and also a compare function, which we so much advertised and strived for in the ‘‘early stage’’.

So yeah, generally speaking, I still have not given up on the idea, the bad thing is that im not a programmer now myself… and basically all the work which has been done relies on just one person and this person is @DeathCookies … so he is the one to contact and ask for details and his opinion about the project :wink:

I’ve seen some early attempts at discussing the idea of collecting vesc video logs but have not seen an actual place / manifestation of such idea yet… so perhaps it is not that late yet to make an esk8 database ! :slight_smile:

I think now that there are some data logging options out there for vesc the database has a chance. but its still very early, the mobile apps don’t have any sort of standard.

For now I went with general build guides on my site, and I just made a range calculator for decent estimates based on battery.

at some point I’m thinking some real tests on range based on wheel size, gear ratio, battery voltage maybe even deck style?