Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

That’s what I was wondering. I was setting up my second board with the module this morning and realized It doesn’t have an option of saving my motor poles, pulley ratios and wheel size, so I would only use GPS for speed to save time.

It does. If you have 2 modules (each in it’s own board), and you switch between them, your poles, pulley ratios, wheels, etc. will automatically switch too.

1 Like

Interesting. I’ll check again when I get home. I connected to this second board this morning and the motor settings were from my first board. I guess it’s because the second board info wasn’t set up yet

That would be a killer feature, these watches readily available on amazon etc are a third of the price of an Apple Watch :watch:

I have two of your receivers, I’m willing to bet I’m not the only one who would buy this watch and pair it to an iPhone…I just wouldn’t give apple €350 or whatever it is now

1 Like

How to correctly display the battery charge? I put in the settings of 12s, but it shows 86%, when fully charged.

1 Like

What voltage do you have when fully charged?

Hello Roman,

I am using your Module and often nearly 99% I ride in the forest. And the GPS is often not recorded. the log says position not accurate. other Apps just record.

Clould you add a config field for that? It’s annoying if you ride >30km throu the forest and no distance is recorded and the record looks ugly

thanks from hamburg / germany rené

Forest tour 21st of May - bad GPS recording.

Thank you René for bringing this to my attention, I fixed this and made configurable (GPS Accuracy). Default configuration should be fine for you (accepts location with any accuracy). The updated version is coming soon.

P.S: This is some serious endurance, riding in the forest for 2 hours :+1:

3 Likes

50,4 V full charge

although at full charge shows 47,7 V

Thanks Roman for the prompt handling of that topic!

BTW: On my iPhone X the list of the recordings via date are not sorted. Even after I tried to resort them. Maybe this is a kind of dateformat hickup. Do you need a screenshot?

@rpasichnyk, hello, i set up the metre module as per your instructions above but do not get any data on the metre app. Set baud rate to 115200, and set app to ppm+uart. Was able to connect the module via bt to the app but then no data. I checked all the settings and am stumped. Any advice appreciated :blush:

What VESC are you using? VESC 6 has TX/RX swapped compared to VESC 4.XX. You tried swapping them?

1 Like

They are maytech vesc 4.12 hw

So you double checked that RX is connected to TX and TX connected to RX?

Checked connections, rx~tx and tx~rx. Should i swap them?

@Ingvarjedi most likely your VESC reports incorrect voltage. Try another VESC? @Dmaxx can you double check that your baudrate is 115200, not 11250 (happened to me once), UART is enabled, power cycle VESC, try again. Also try with 9600 baudrate. @rene I think someone already reported this bug, I will have a look, thanks

1 Like

Hi, @rpasichnyk, I have your module and still no able to use it, Oreo 8.1. In know you are working on it and I would like to know if you have a release date for make it work Thanks in advance

Small feature request! Would it be possible to add the name of the board to past records? I use the metr app with multiple boards, and when I go back in to my records, I can’t see which board I used on that specific trip. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

master vesc shows - 86% battery 49,7V slave vesc - 91% battery 49,3V battery full charge 50,4V

Nice idea, thank you :slight_smile: For the new records board name will be displayed when opened! Coming in a new version soon.

2 Likes