Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

to receive Roman’s @rpasichnyk Metr.at module. I made it plugged and set up as explained by Roman. at first it did not work on my iphon but worked on my ipad … actually on my iphone CanFwd was ON … and not on ipad. so I put on OFF and the miracle works … I am in double motor 130 kV / double ESCAPE / Lipo 12s 12A. thank you Roman for the service.

3 Likes

Hey there :slight_smile: Could you please add compatibility for the new 3.101 Firmware from Ackmaniac ? I just upgraded to this new release and now my perimetr is not working anymore :frowning: Thanks a ton

I actually can’t without having access to the source code. Gently poking @Ackmaniac to release the source code for 3.101

1 Like

I could imagine it is pretty much the same as 3.100… is there a way to disable the firmware version detection for the time being ? I just need to adjust the temperature limit and I cant open my enclosure at the moment :frowning: Hope it get’s sorted soon… Thanks again for the great software :slight_smile:

Did you try to use TCP Bridge in metr app + ESC Tool?

3 Likes

I had canfwd on on my iPhone too and the metr app would not work.

Is this function broken or how does it work @rpasichnyk?

Jesus christ… I didn’t even knew this feature existed… Works ! Thanks man :smiley:

1 Like

If you had it ON, that’s because you probably enabled it before. Can FWD is disabled by default. It works the same way as Can FWD in VESC Tool

Thanks yes I enabled it for I thought that was needed for when using two vescs.

I don’t understand you say it works the same as in the vesc tool. Or maybe I do, so when I enable it I can change the settings for the slave vesc when I have the slave as id 1 and set it to 1 correct?

Since the CAN topic was mentioned, I also have a weird behavior, don’t know if it’s on the app side or the VESC firmware. Two cases I gave problems

1- The most important, TCP bridge

My metr is plugged on the slave VESC, configuring it works flawless, also real time control with the keyboard, but if I use CAN forward on VESC tool to configure and control the master, its gets more and more delay between a command being sent and that command being executed, be it controlling with the keyboard or writing/reading configuration, if I reset the board it comes back to normal, but after a few minutes become unusable again

2 - Using CAN forward on the app

I guess the same delay start to happen and the data starts to lag, also changing settings on the master VESC can’t be completed successful if the board has been on for a few minutes, so I always reset before changing modes and record from the slave VESC

What do I set to properly use one module with 2 CAN connected vescs? Is it even possible?

Just enable CAN forward on both VESC’s, the app automatically detects how many VESC’s are on the bus

2 Likes

Anyone having any experience doing FW upgrades of the VESC through TCP bridge? Good or bad?

I read that for the update FW it was preferable to do them via cable …

Any news about compatibility with the latest @Ackmaniac firmware on IOS?

1 Like

@rpasichnyk I think the 3.101 repo is here https://github.com/Ackmaniac/vesc_tool

Also I run 3.100 and records seem to work just fine. Last one I did was a 43min long with no issues (iOS, iPhone X).

it is slow, but works Ok :slight_smile:

just set the Can Nr. of the flashed vesc correctly and always enable can fwd.

im paranoid and set my phone to never turn off the screen, just in case it stops the app… Also ensure that you are near the module and have a good wifi connection.

2 Likes

Both 3.100 and 3.101 are supported, make sure you have the latest version of the app v.2.2.37. I also added support for them in Perimetr as well as original fw3.38.

Other nice addition is Portuguese translation contributed by @Pedrodemio. Thank you very much!

4 Likes

Haven’t been able to see GPS location on uploaded records. GPS location enabled on phone and in settings on METR.at.

Any idea why there is no GPS location visible? All I see is a map with my start location, but it stays there, it doesn’t follow the actual run.

Edit: VESC 4.12 FW 3.38 (also on 3.37) with lastest playstore app.

whenever you ask for help always add witch VESC type, FW, Phone and IOS/Andr. version you are using ;).

Also check if meter has permission to use GPS data (even when not using the app)