Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

from work, record started Home, no recording found :frowning:

I installed 3.100 today and went for a ride. I had my record randomly stopped after about 7 minutes several times. I have ‘Automatic records’ enabled and notifications, so I can hear when notification pops up. I pulled my phone and saw a weird thing, the VESC didn’t send back any packets (the green status dot was not blinking). Then after 1 minute it started blinking again. I suspect something is wrong with 3.100, because this never happened to me with 3.3x that I had before… Anyone with 3.100 here with similar problems?

Also good news, Perimetr now supports FW 3.100 and FOC Hall Sensors detection :rocket:

2 Likes

Aha so youre saying it may be a firmware issue with the ackmaniac 3.100? I love the ackmaniac FW so if you could find a fix i would be thrilled!

I am using the Android version. I have already posted in the related post. I also have the same issue. When I tans still the connection is fine but as long I ride the Bluetooth loose the connection. Usually I find a complete record at the end I do not know how it’s possible but if I check the app on board it’s constantly loosing the signal. Moreover I have a difference between the speed measured by GPS or ERPM.

1 Like

ah man… i really dont want to go back to the stock firmware…

@rey8801 your issue is different, not the same. You have bluetooth disconnects. We don’t have bluetooth disconnects. You have stock firmware. We are testing 3.100 firmware. If your GPS and ERPM speed differs, probably you configured your pulley count / poles / wheel diameter wrong.

Yes I have a constant Bluetooth drop message with 3.1. Using iPhone 7. But the record was complete when I stopped recording.

Didn’t want to say anything yet because I only used the app once and went back to eskate vesc app after.

Ah ok, sorry my bad. BTW I am using the last version of ackmaniac’s firmware that’s why I posted here. I thought that you running the same app but the IOS version. Indeed for the speed I also think that’s is the problem but I didn’t find the right pole numbers for a dual hub motors (like meepo hub motors). The ratio is 1:1 but the pole numbers the only number I found online is 14.

I run 3.100 and have no disconnection issues. Quick run to Starbucks…

But I am on Android. And I have battery optimization for MetR turned off… as battery optimization cuts Bluetooth services if the screen is off for 5-7 minutes, or in the background.

1 Like

Probably a stupid question, but I got an error during my ride today. How can I find information about the error / fault?! Edit: Found the dark red line in the graph:

Over Current fault? Why?

Right before the error came I was not anywhere close my thresholds:

The settings I used.

I am not sure why this happened? Using VESC6.

Can you open Terminal and type “faults”?

No problem with the great TCP Bridge :slight_smile:

But unfortunately the result was “No faults registered since startup” :expressionless:

EDIT: Next time I need to use the inapp terminal to check right away. The fault bugs me.

I’m on android also but have the issue.
Turned off battery optimisation for metr but still cuts out after some minutes.

Went on a long ride today, started record before i left. Came back and there is no recording :frowning:

Update: Found another option to turn of optimization, will try the app tomorrow again.

@Bjork3n I tested with Android today and found the issue that might be causing this. I will push the update now (v2.2.26), check that you have new version tomorrow. Also I have a question, do you run other apps at the same time?

Yes most times spotify.

Great, will update and test tomorrow :slight_smile:

My first recorded run with the bluetooth module, it works great! I don´t really trust that topspeed, 45 km/h is probably a bit more realistic. :sweat_smile:

Im currently on these vesc settings: Motor max: 70 Motor min: -70 Battery max: 45 Battery min: -12 Are there any changes I could do for a bit more power?

1 Like

Fault is still there with recording. :frowning: Oh and another issue showed up today…I got a notification that end of charge was reached when I had 40v (10s). My settings of end charge in metr is 30v @rpasichnyk

Hello

I have two of your bluetooths and will begin my build very soon.

This thread is very long but I checked the OP and I do not see watt control option. I assume you do not have that feature? Asking as Ackmaniac esc tool has that option.

If not, then is there any plan to implement one?

‘End of charge voltage’ is just for telling when your battery is sufficiently charged. Having it 30v for 10s sounds wrong. You need to set it to 41.5 or something. In the latest version I fixed the bug that you can sometimes have this notification when braking (and voltage spikes up). Now you should get it only while charging.

@Brad check Modes tab, you can set Watts there. New Ackmaniac’s firmware uses current control as I remember correctly (which works the same as watt control in his old BLDC-Tool mod)

i get it as soons as im standing still. Got the message at 39-41 volts

Update… My mistake I missunderstood the end of charge. Got confused and thought it was cut off end.

Still having issues with the disconnecting and recording after the updates. Rode to work 6km and as usual there was no recording to be found when I arrived :confused: