Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

And you need to flash it with vesc project firmware, 3.29 or newer.

And from there plug it in set the Remote mode to PPM and UART

And The UART rate to 115200 bps (Should be by default)

And thats it

1 Like

Actualy I think it works with metr !

Sadly it doesn’t, only metrs own module works with his app.

I have a ton of them with a ton of other cheap HM Ble modules for other apps, and none of them work with Metr.

He will face the same problem the guy above him has, the app simply wont see it or reject to connect.

Or did they change the modules they are selling? I legit bought one for my friend a few weeks ago, dosnt work at all with metr works fine in Vesc monitor app though

1 Like

If you see what i linked it says it supports Metr, there are 2 diffrent bluetooth modules that eskating sells. One that is compatible and one thats only compatible with ackmack.

If i understand it correctly.

But i only need to update the firmware if i want to be able to use the mode switching right? I can use the 2.18 firmware if i just want to record and see the values of the vesc`s?

I also got the exact same one, when I open the app it can only see the metr module not the other one from eskating but when I open vesc monitor I can see both without a problem.

And not sure, when i used BLDC with the newest firmware i didnt have an output, swapped over to vesc project (Also 10 times better) i was able to see my speed wh so on.

Maybe we can ask directly to @fottaz to see what’s about. I think if he advertise it for Metr he must hve somekind of agreement with @rpasichnyk. I dunno , tell us guys ! :slight_smile:

Would be amazing if they work flawless or is the same module, its way faster for me to get the items from him then Metr.

So if i ever needed one fast i had him as a “dealer”

@ElskerShadow @Bjork3n @Lumaci

Yes, you can buy my modules at eskating.eu, which I recommend :slight_smile: @fottaz contacted me and ordered a bunch. They should work 100%

3 Likes

I assume I might have gotten a wrong one then, awesome.

Thats what i tought :slight_smile:

So can i use the app and module without upgrading the firmware if i only what to use it to record and see values? Firmware 2.18 on both my vesc.

Yes you can, if you only want telemetry

Yeah i think i will start with that =)

Need to read up some more before i have the guts to update the firmware… with all these horror storys of vesc going bad when updating. One of the vesc is a maytech i belive so i dont know if it has bootloader installed…

The feature to have the ability to switch modes seems awesome since im not able to via the remote.

Beginner mode (25km/h) Commuting mode (32km/h) Beast mode (40km/h)

This would be so sweet!

This forum never disappoints, amazed of the support people are willing to give to us beginners :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can do so you can do modes via the remote, and ive never had a problem updating my vescs firmware an if you ever corrupt it just buy a cheap ST Link and reflash the bootloader and its as good as new again.

Im using the raptor 1 style remote, there is no switch for diffrent speed modes.

But changing the modes via the app seems very nice! Dont want to hassle with installing bootloader so i will probably get another vesc in the future that has it installed and use the maytech on another build.

One thing i also would like to have on the app is a box “estimated range left” Other that that the app have all the values i could ever want :slight_smile:

Yeah. I will order the new batch soon man, and I try every single assembled module before shipping :raised_hands:

You can be sure they work as yours :heart:

5 Likes

Since your the 3dprint guy couldnt you make a case for the module and sell on your website? Really missing a solution like that to protect the pcb on it.

2 Likes

Good idea, Since I’m doing it for the receiver for the OLED remote, I’ll do this for the bt module too. No problem :muscle:

3 Likes

@rpasichnyk just paid for 3 modules to the UK. Many thanks

2 Likes