Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

Theres a bug of some sort on Android, when i connect it to metr and use it for a little while the bluetooth thing gets “Locked” to the app that means i cant go into perimetr without shutting my board down and turning it on again.

Crazy bug :slight_smile: I will absolutely fix this as soon as I can … Fixed it, coming in the next update!

3 Likes

I tried to see if anyone mentioned it before. About having the option to start recording as soon as the metr connects to the board. Maybe have a toggle in the settings to turn it on or off.

Edit: it has this option already.

Close Metr.at in your recent apps. Then open Perimetr…

It’s not a bug…

Doesn’t help, trust me I even tried to restart my phone at first.

The unit gets locked into the app.

No… You need to kill the app in your recents.

We all experience this…because hm-10 are setup as slaves, meaning they only accept one connection. You have to kill the connection. If metr.at is in your recent app list, swipe it away to completely kill it. This will kill the connection and the module will blink red again waiting to be connected to.

This isn’t an Android bug,it’s a limitation of the hm10 being in slave mode,and also the fact that it’s a BLE device and doesn’t show in Android Bluetooth device list.

-you turn on and off Bluetooth but app is still running in background so it reconnects. -you can’t manually disconnect because the module doesn’t show in the Android device list because it’s BLE -you exit metr.at by the home button or back button. Guess what metr is still running. Hit your recent apps and swipe it away. Guarantee you the module will blink because killing the app kills the BLE connection.

1 Like

I did, i also tried turning the phone on and off, i have it set to automaticly close every background app and i have a ble app thats able to read devices none of my other apps could read my metr module.

I had to turn off the board and on again and it could, then i could go into metr and bum same problem it was “locked” to the app in that way that i had to reset the module before it would work.

The module can’t get “locked”

The only way it’s locked is if a valid serial connection is open with valid packets. Which means the app is still running. Otherwise the HM10 would close the connection on it’s own…

You have a red LED on the module. If the LED is blinking, it means there is no connection. If the LED is always ON and not blinking, it means there is an active connection. Try to see what happens when you force close the app. Does it start blinking?

I can tell you once i get the new battery, its been inside an enclouser when i used it so havent been able to see leds and such.

1 Like

Not sure if either my module or vesc is broken but theres no light what so ever, it connects fine but again i have to restart before i can sync it to perimetr.

I am slowly migrating perimetr into metr. You can already use Modes and TCP Bridge as a full perimetr replacement. I agree that this is not very convenient that you need to force close the apps and in your case it doesn’t even seem to help.

1 Like

Did you get the time to look at the odometer bug? Mine randomly resets to 0 and it looks like it’s doing it long after a ride when the app is killed in the background (by iOS not the user).

Also maybe a new feature: it would be really nice to start/stop recordings from the Apple Watch (hard / force touch would show the buttons , then start/pause/stop). “Ride” app does this and it’s really helpful.

Mine does that too. I’m also still on 2.18 firmware. I was going to post about it, but forgot since it doesn’t seem to affect the data (as long as ‘Multiply Data’ is off)

Or maybe it’s because I am running 1,329 VESCs on my board. One of the two :wink:

Faster than Tesla in rolling out updates

1 Like

@egzplicit please try the latest version v2.2.2, I fixed possible stats reset bugs

I also added switch between Today and All Time stats. Reset button clears only selected subset

Consumption (Wh/km) is a new thing as well :slight_smile:

You can now set Maximum Speed in Modes and based on your Poles / Pulley settings corresponding Max ERPM will be calculated and applied

One more thing, you can add some colour to your Realtime Tab

4 Likes

@rpasichnyk If I use the automatic records and keep the app always open on background, when Bluetooth connect it starts recording without intervention (on iOS)? My board is down for quite some time so I can’t test

Yes, metr can stay in the background all the time. When your board is turned on, the app will wake up and start communicating with it. If automatic records are enabled and you start riding, it will trigger the record.

1 Like

Consumption and a stats page! Yesssss!

1 Like

That’s great, thanks