Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

That explains it. I will try to fix it. Meanwhile do not use Modes with Ackmaniacs firmware.

1 Like

How to properly display the battery percentage in te app ? Mine allways show 100% .

Configure your Voltage S in Settings

1 Like

when will you fix modes with 3.1 Ackmaniac watt mode?

Hi Roman,

I have one question. How difficult is the port to Tizen and how much its costs? I found no way to Port the App to my samsung gear 3. Xdadeveloper found a way to Port the google os to the gear s 3 but it dosent work stable. I know you use Android Wear but i like my samsung watch😜

Yeah i m in the same situation for over a year. I heard someone said it was easy to developp since samsung released a tool to port other smartwatch apps.

@Necromenz @ElskerShadow I looked into Tizen but it wasn’t as easy as you might think :slight_smile: There is no simple tool to convert apk to tizen app. And Android Wear API that I use to send information to the watch doesn’t work with Tizen, it looks I need to use WebSockets or Samsung Accessory SDK. I will look at it again when I have more time :thumbsup:

Hi Roman,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I thought so, that samsung are Special again. maybe samsung will eventually understand that special is not always better. I can wait, because in my opinion your App is the best!

1 Like

Hi @rpasichnyk, today I noticed new bug, never happened to me before. I assume it has something to do with multiplying data from VESCs, my top speed seems a “little” bit off :joy: distance seems to be off too.

1 Like

You are like a rocket :rocket: 100 kph :laughing: Let’s double check if your motor pole / pulley / wheel diameter settings are correct. Actually your settings might be somewhat gone, so definitely double check them!

That is possible because I changed how “overrides” work. Now if you have multiple boards, you can make more parameters specific to every board (ping @Silverline) but the old overrides might have corrupted a little bit with the update.

… high-five on turning off “Prefer GPS” :wink: Now your speed data is more precise (hopefully after we fix the issue with settings)

1 Like

Ohh, You’re right. Update erased my previously overridden settings, didn’t notice that earlier :slight_smile: thanks for pointing that out!

@rpasichnyk does the stats pop up for the board take “max speed” and “total distance” from records? Or in order to get realistic top speed I have to reset board stats?

1 Like

Hi,

please can you add max Erpm to the modes configuration?.. It is the way I limit my boards for my kids so that they have full hill climb and brakes without too much speed… It would be great not to have to go through perimetr to change rider…

Thanks for your hard work by the way, I love the apps.

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk thanks for the update to fix modes in 3.100. I found a few bugs:

1. real time tab working, tap modes and enter a mode and click read
  2. settings are read correctly
  3. click close and go back to realtime
  4. values are frozen while the connection to the BT module remains green
  5. kill the app and restart, real time works again BUT settings read in step 1) in the mode are not saved

Also:

1. app connects, detects dual vescs, real time values work
  2. click scan and connect again to the BT module
  3. real time tab now reports 3 vescs
  4. repeat step 2 and now go back to real time, shows quad vescs

Thanks again for all the hard work and bug fixing :slight_smile:

Edited: this is on iPhone X with dual focbox running 3.100

@egzplicit Thank you for detailed bug reports, very well documented :thumbsup: I was able to follow the steps and reproduce all issues that you described. The fixes are on the way :bug: :hammer:

@amazingdave Yes I will add ERPM to Modes in the near future :slight_smile:

@squad no, stats are always on and always updating, even if no record is happening. Stats are pretty limited at the moment, but I remember some good suggestions in this topic, like all time stats, last ride stats, etc. Another thing it would be cool to store them on the VESC (I talked to Benjamin and maybe he will add a command to store custom user data at some point)

4 Likes

@rpasichnyk i noticed another issue where general stats are lost, I did a ride yesterday and it showed 6 miles ( I did a reset before ) and this morning it’s back on 0 for some reason. Could it be that the app is killed in the background and before it dies it doesn’t save the stats? Looks a lot like it’s that, quit the app and within a few days it will be killed and stats are lost.

Edit: I was checking the stats while disconnected from the board but I don’t think that’s the issue.

Roman Has V2.1.2 fixed the vesc count issue - trying to read vesc 0 using CAN Fwd and back again - the vesc count goes up to four and freezes app.? Cheers

Yes, latest update v2.1.2 has this issue fixed!

Thanks for that -So how do I get quadro VESCs when there are only two? and get four times one vesc current kwh etc Do you want me to send the exact sequence that got to this and see if you can duplicate? Cheers

Yes please, describe the sequence and your configuration, including CAN IDs and to which VESC you connect the bluetooth module.

Anyone used Apple Watch with metr app OK ?. Currently trying it out and cant get it to work.’

Apple Watch is paired with Iphone 6 OK. Metr app is on Apple Watch OK Metr settings have Apple Watch enabled IPhone real-time screen has three parameters selected for watch When run metr app on watch - just get metr displayed on top lhs of watch screen and the rest of the screen is blank black?