Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

:smiley:

Thank you, I didn’t notice since this happens with Imperial but not with Metric. Fix coming soon! But in case you want to use it, it is the smaller number that is true. The bigger number that changes when you type is a lie!

4 Likes

Lol hey man…you have all the bugs fixed

This is a new feature…so it’s a new bug…not an old bug and a simple one at that be proud your app is great :wink:

2 Likes

Would it be possible to add a “manual override” on the VESC count? I do not have the VESC’s connected via CAN, and would still like to use the multiply data function. :slight_smile:

Is there a reason you do not have them connected via CAN?

Hi, the other day I was not able to read the settings of my second vesc on Perimetr (Hw. 4.12, connected via CAN). Is it a known issue? Does anyone else have that problem too? (Iphone 7, IOS 11.2.2, V 1.3.6)

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

P.S: Vesc count worked well, both got detected.

Yes, many seem to have problems with CAN on the VESC in general. Some has even burned their CAN chips. And from previous RC building experience, Y-split is very common, that’s why I use it. :slight_smile: Also discussed in this thread: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/y-piece-or-canbus/26461

I run split y as well

I wasted my CAN chips via CAN and had to replace them. I use two different receivers bound to a single remote and it’s been awesome and problem free for hundreds of km’s. :slight_smile: The manuel number of VESC’s would be usefull for me too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just purchased the module from Roman. Just read through this whole thread. Excited to get this on my board bigtime!! Especially for the modes for the kids. Also buzzing about potentially seeing the battery perc on my Apple Watch.

Just wondering… I can only see V on the app rather than % of the battery. Am I missing something?

1 Like

you could set itch volt corresponding to the % you want in the battery option (hope I understand well your asking :blush:) It will alert you at the time (itch 10% you set) I’m right ? Or maybe I miss something in the lasts version …

Thanks… basically I’m just wondering if I can change the Voltage reading to percentage reading instead. Just like the way the small LCD voltage monitor on my enclosure can convert it based on the info you give it… ie 10s.

@cliofreak you can edit layout to display battery percentage and enable that cell to shop up on your watch. Switch to Realtime Tab and long press anywhere

1 Like

It took me a while to find that if you long press on a widget you can scale it up and down :slight_smile:

Any chance we can get a new feature where a force press on the Apple Watch will show buttons to start/stop/pause a record? That would be so useful.

1 Like

This is so freekin cool! Seriously… % and Speed on my Apple Watch on a DIY board! Completly awesome! Cant wait for my module to arrive…ordered last night.

1 Like

Cool idea with Apple Watch, thanks. I will try to implement it when I have time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. About the bug with the all time stats, seems to still be present. U can reproduce it by doing a ride and killing the app: the numbers will go down to 0. If you don’t kill the app and leave it in the background for a long time, iOS will stop it eventually and all stats still reset for me (iPhone X, 11.2.1).

Also Consumption seems weird:

1.5 miles, 32Wh total. That’s 21.3Wh per mile yet the app is saying 8Wh per mile.

1 Like

Hi @rpasichnyk, It seems that I have the same issue as @Riako, I have very few values recorded, the module disconnects quiet often (and doesn’t reconnect). It’s basically the same setup (dual VESC 6 nRF via can-bus, 115200 bauds). I may try to lower the baudrate but not sure that it helps because the module itself is not visible by the phone (iPhone 5, iOS 10.3.3). So, I’m wondering if the 2.4Ghz microwave blockparty in my electronics box doesn’t mess it up (nRF x2 + GT2b Rx + your BT module). Any other hints that may help to troubleshoot ? I’ll give my second metr.at module a try.

Here is the log :

You’re probably pressing the reset button. Try removing it like I recommend above

Ok, I’ll try. Thanks for the advice. However, Riako did it without any success.

I checked the firmware and the datasheet of the nRF chip embedded on both VESC 6. I’ll try to write a custom firmware and VESC Tool to allow disabling it. That the only thing I can try after the reset button. :confused:

Shit, I freaky love this app !

@egzplicit Thank you for reporting, I have an idea why the bug is happening. My app saves the stats on destruction, but I receive this event only if the app is not frozen. iOS freezes apps after a while when you move them to background. The app however does not get frozen if it maintains active BLE connection. So the trick with force closing has to be done after powering down the module, moving the app into background and waiting for some time. I could finally reliably reproduce this. Fix coming soon.

Little embarrassing with miles, I multiplied the value by 0.62 instead of dividing by 0.62. Thanks for heads up. 8 / 0.62 / 0.62 is about 21 :blush: Will correct that as well!

@Pimousse This is very strange with the module not reconnecting. Does it start blinking when the connection is broken?