(Completed) First build. Sk3 6364 - 3d printed pulley - single drive - baby buffalo case mod - 6s 5000mah lipo - 120amp esc - epoxy enclosures

Can you post the 3D file so I can print one also? Thanks in advanced.

1 Like

It’s first prototype still needs tweaking will share when I have finalised design. Also this design will not work just printed in plastic I made it just for a template in some sorts for fabrication.

instead of making the extendable portion of the motor mount, why don’t u put elongated screw holes on the plate where the motor is to be mounted. that way, i believe will make the motor mount slightly more rigid than having extension in the middle of the motor mount.

1 Like

I spent the day in the shop the other day making my motor mount in aluminium. It clamps down very sturdy and its surprisingly solid. funny enough I managed to do it all with just a hack saw, a drill press and some files haha.

some photos:

9 Likes

Nice handy work! That looks good. I wouldn’t have known you fabbed this by hand, if you didn’t mention it. I kind of want to try hand crafting a mount now, after seeing how well yours turned out. :thumbsup:

Nice work!! I love that you did it with basic tools. I am a CNC lover, but I also love my trusty old set of chisels!! It’s all good!

1 Like

At first I was going to CNC it but i was to impatient to, so I decided to do it buy hand. After testing it works great!

the best tools are often the simplest.

2 Likes

TBH I did my longboard build with just a solder and a cordless drill. Not even a dremel, I just got my dremel today and I loved it. I really love dremel, geez this tool is so fcking good.

2 Likes

But you bought your motor mount?

Yes the first single belt drive I bought my motor mount from enertion. The updated version was just buying the complete hub motor with hanger. I like the 2nd one better because its cheaper in overall cost and its much simpler.

all you would need is a cordless drill and a soldering iron if you bought all your parts

Well I bought the dremel to modify my new abs enclosure as well as making flat spot in SK3 shaft better. I did that with a drill and saw previously, it works well but not good enough.

Now theres no need for me to buy a saw anymore, I could also etched my deck and give nice finishing touch. Thats what the dremel does and comes in handy :smiley:

Can you send me a photo of your sk3 shaft? i have still to grind a flat spot on my shaft

I am already on my bed, but its similar to this the process.

If you dont have dremel, you can also have a steel grinder to do it.

Or a file. I have used files on all my sk3s and im gonna say that file is better than dremel. You get a nicer flat spot with a file.

I also have a disk sander will that work?

This mount turned out really well bro. Congrats!

thanks alot man! it was worth all the effort!

Thanks Chris for posting this. How did you make the holes that take the clamp bolts? I have a drill press, but I assume the holes would have to be threaded somehow?

thanks Leo