(Completed) First build. Sk3 6364 - 3d printed pulley - single drive - baby buffalo case mod - 6s 5000mah lipo - 120amp esc - epoxy enclosures

ok thanks dude! can you get it at bunnings?

yeah pretty sure that where i got it… http://www.bunnings.com.au/loctite-10ml-studlock-threadlocker-adhesive_p1560360

checked the website, they have 263 which is more or less the same stuff

sweet man your such a help!

It’s hard to find a build on the home page when they’re all called the same thing. I was just trying to help @onloop because he’s busy. Putting the parts on your post is great but it’s not going to help anyone find your build quicker is it?

how did you find this then??

Onloop posted it on a few posts a while ago. My build thread has the comment as well. http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/geminon-6s-sk3-6374-192kv-14-36-25kmh-tb-12s-esc/187

No harm intended. Just trying to make the topics easier to find.

@Chris_KP if this is yoyr build thread you should definatley change the category to e-board build category.

You may also consider putting keywords in your description to help people locate this thread in years to come when it is potentially burried deep in the abyss of info the world creates…

Also i luje to think about how people search for info on google. They search stuff like “Dual motor electric skateboard caliber trucks” They don’t necessarily search for “first build in progress advice”

So having a unique thread title helps more then you might think.

Thanks Jason.

Update **

Ive been putting off this step for a while and have been busy with school. I sat down a yesterday and spent the whole day drawing up my motor mount which I 3D printed so that i can reference and tweak while I fabricate my final one in 12mm aluminium.

Some Photos:

3 Likes

Can you post the 3D file so I can print one also? Thanks in advanced.

1 Like

It’s first prototype still needs tweaking will share when I have finalised design. Also this design will not work just printed in plastic I made it just for a template in some sorts for fabrication.

instead of making the extendable portion of the motor mount, why don’t u put elongated screw holes on the plate where the motor is to be mounted. that way, i believe will make the motor mount slightly more rigid than having extension in the middle of the motor mount.

1 Like

I spent the day in the shop the other day making my motor mount in aluminium. It clamps down very sturdy and its surprisingly solid. funny enough I managed to do it all with just a hack saw, a drill press and some files haha.

some photos:

9 Likes

Nice handy work! That looks good. I wouldn’t have known you fabbed this by hand, if you didn’t mention it. I kind of want to try hand crafting a mount now, after seeing how well yours turned out. :thumbsup:

Nice work!! I love that you did it with basic tools. I am a CNC lover, but I also love my trusty old set of chisels!! It’s all good!

1 Like

At first I was going to CNC it but i was to impatient to, so I decided to do it buy hand. After testing it works great!

the best tools are often the simplest.

2 Likes

TBH I did my longboard build with just a solder and a cordless drill. Not even a dremel, I just got my dremel today and I loved it. I really love dremel, geez this tool is so fcking good.

2 Likes

But you bought your motor mount?

Yes the first single belt drive I bought my motor mount from enertion. The updated version was just buying the complete hub motor with hanger. I like the 2nd one better because its cheaper in overall cost and its much simpler.