Complete ESK8 - Made by Builders - Looking for US builders

I was kind of hoping for a complete board. If we want to do a $750 board I don’t think we can get stuff in US, all of it has to be in China. Let me put the costs of a drivetrain in perspective for you:

Mounts: I got a small quantity of mounts a while back for personal use and they costed $13 USD each + shipping. Motor pulley and wheel pulley would cost $10-20 shipped. Belts are cheap as like under $1. Motor is usually $39-$49 depending if 6355 or 6374. Wheels can be bought (4) for $15 as clones. And trucks are $5 each from New Sports Goods

3 Likes

Would you want to do vesc or some car esc? and then Lipo packs or 18650’s?

VESC from Taiwan, 18650 pack from China

1 Like

perfect.

10 chars

With that in mind we could probably get it under 400…

Deck: ~20$ Drivetrain + trucks: 83$ Battery + BMS: 120$ (Samsung 25r mass buy and supower BMSs)(10s2p) Enclosure: Idk something cheap 5$ Charger: $20 Controller: Winning V2 30$ ESC: Maytech VESC 90$ On/Off Switch: Antispark Key 8$ Misc: 20$

Total: 376$ Did I forget anything?

1 Like

Should we put together a google drive spreadsheet of costs/ sources?

2 Likes

Hm, then we should really design it as a ‘Package - Diy’ Board or completely assembled and made board (like the direction you @lox897 are leaning towards) .

Though, this is probably up to the forum and people who gonna get interested, to decide…

As you already outlined, cost might be one factor with completed board but then again it offers other opportunities (like collaboration with china parts, for example :smiley: ) and more…

Actually I kind of only mention Diy spirit and so on, as there seem to be some people who ask for ‘ŗeady made package’ so they dont have to spend a cent thinking which part to choose…

2 Likes

I wouldn’t do it like that, I’m not liking China too much, except for basic stuff. I think reliability is the main point in a build. Talking about Europe, cells can be bought for about 90e for a 10s3p on nkon, spotwelding locally costs like 15e, let’s add 30 euros for connectors, nickel, heatshrink, wires and shipping, it’s about 140 euro got a battery that individuals buy for 300. And we know it’s reliable cause we made it. Motors: stay away from open ones, I would go for sealed. Vesc: Europe production would be good, but if needed we have to check the best Taiwan producer. Not maytech. As for random parts, those from China work just as well as they should, and as @anorak234 said we could make a build for a very low price

3 Likes

Remote is more like $10-$20 Think we can go with something nicer than antispark key Enclosure might be more like $20-$30 if vac formed by us

1 Like

10s3p at least. Don´t even dare to start with a 2p :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I might have a contact at fibreglast, we used them to get the carbon and fibreglass for a car.

We can get good sealed motors from BrotherHobby. And I disagree that we should just get basic stuff from China, just because the Europe group buy had shit batteries doesn’t mean they’re all bad. We can get them from the same place that SCP3 came from. They’re a slightly higher price but high quality.

What about this place? Have more details?

Also insight into BrotherHobby motors would be nice… otherwise lets open a motor thread for choosing just the motors lol :smiley:

10oz fibreglass 50" by 25 yds is $275,

Lets say 4 layers per box, $15.35 per box. +resin cost $19.79 total.

I also have access to a shit-ton of foam to make molds out of.

I’ll find the place today. I have the manufacturer on wechat anyway, so if we need details they can get back to me today.

Sealed motors are definitely the best way to go. Prevents having to clean them. We’d need to get sensored too. Price for Bh motors is around $40-$50. There are also sealed motors from Freerchobby and they probably have the right sizes for us. Whether Bh only has 5065 I believe. And 6068

You go to school on saturday? Which Italy are you from? Btw diebiebms unfortunately is designed with too high quality parts to be included in this project (example; just the wurth screwholders cost around 15€)

I usually go through the chinese internet and talk to sellers, actually just for curiosity and to review the language that I learned in highschool.

A normal wester person couldnt believe how low prices can go in china, and I am not talking about alibaba or taobao, these are made for western people and priced accordingly. To give you an hint of what I am talking about just think of the best deal you made of an used eskate part; the chinese target price for the new item would be half of that.

In a nutshell: 750 is totally possible for a dual drive, including a 150-200$ profit.

2 Likes

Emm yeh get more info on them… but what do you say-

Maybe we open a seperate topic for just the motors?

The only other ‘cheap’ motors I can recommend are from bangood… but that is a commercial website so would be a bit lame to get it from them if we can get something from manufacturers directly.

I can usually get more than half with negotiations through Alibaba. The Chinese will almost always do a lower price for you with alibaba because most westerners don’t argue with the price because it’s good already.

Banggood motors are just Brotherhobby or Freerchobby anyway. I think one seperate thread for all of this would be good. Maybe a chat off the site as well so it’s quicker. Takes so long to send messages on this and that way we don’t reveal too many manufacturers haha

1 Like

Motors don’t need to be crazy monsters, just sealed and sensored. Possibly ones the community already knows and we can sell without putting anyone to risk (no stuff like jlabs non sealed ones that can break near the mounting screw holes) BTW @fedestanco I’m from Vicenza :slight_smile: