Choosing the right motor kv for the VESC

I have TB VESC. but might change to Maytech. any other recommendations?

Focbox best choice atm

well tryna to look into vesc because its more cost-effective. i also heard focbox is slightly overkill currently.

You heard wrong, a VESC6 might be overkill though

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend going over 60k in any of them

In personal experience, unless TB drastically improved quality control I wound’t even buy their VESC

VESC6 isnt even out yet i think

You can use that setup, But only if you have a programmable esc (maytech or focbox for example) because you can set an erpm limit on them

WOW! just read 347 posts to catch up!

I was talking to another forum member @M.Hboards and he told me about the new FocBox Unity coming out and suggested I use it for my Dual E-MTB build.

Here is my build as of now: Motor: Tacon big foot 160 - 245Kv motor - 8 pole Batteries: 12s Lipo ESC: Flier 12s 120A ESC Gear Ratio: 5:1

In order to run dual motors, I need another ESC. I already have another Tacon Big Foot. Buying new motors is out of the question so unless the FocBox works with my setup I’m not getting them. The flier is still cheaper and although the startup isn’t as good everything else is awesome! My setup is insane! at top speed i reach 45mph(72.5kmh)!!! I still have some brains so I limit the speed on my Flier to 50% (25mph). On grass, I draw a max current of 35A but that is only a peak current. The sheer power of 12s is amazing!

Regarding the FocBox, my setup technically has 98000 ERPM. But since I never ride more than 50% is it safe to say that my ERPM will not go above 98000/2 = 49000? this will be below the 60000 that seems to be the limit for the FocBox. If my assumptions are right I can ride up to 30mph before I hit the 60000 limit which is fast enough for me.

thanks and sorry for any missing details or extra details its 3AM in new york!

1 Like

Yap! It’s fun red.