Carvon V4 delivered.....somewhat

What most likely happened is that it was just on the conveyor belt and got stuck and fell off or had another box tip over on it. That would be the fault of usps. My company has ordered 50lbs vac pumps and have had them come in with a large crack in the aluminum with oil everywhere in the box. The packing should have had bubble wrap wrapped around the system and taped to seal it. The tape would be on the package because the drive system had punctured the box and damaged the box so they taped it to keep it inside the box. So fault goes a little on both. If you insured it and to show them pictures of it like that they would say it was not properly packed and deny the claim.

1 Like

I worked at UPS once and if for a second you think think your package “might” get tossed, you’re wrong. If you think writing “fragile” on the box does anything except waste ink, you’re wrong.

The reality is that it “will” get tossed. The way they unload trucks is to back the truck up to a conveyor belt and go inside and throw everything inside out the back door. Remember there are like 50 trucks that have to be unloaded as fast as possible, and that’s just on this conveyor belt…

So it’s best to pack things in a way where you feel comfortable throwing it across the room after you’re done packing it.

I would file claim against USPS and do it ASAP

TL;DR: Every box gets thrown, it’s standard operating procedure

3 Likes

post is literally throwing the packages they receive from their top floor of their building in their truck dude :smiley:

1 Like

When I got my torque drive the axles had stabbed through the side of the box. When I returned it I made sure to bubble wrap the axle tips really well and angle it to where it wouldn’t hapoem again. When I got my SD R one of the wires had split open from the hanger pushing on it. It’s not an isolated incident but I doubt they are intentionally ignoring the issue.

Thanks again for jumping in. I’ve got it boxed up and its on its way. Tracked and insured. I’ll PM you the tracking number.GEDC0243 (640x428)

7 Likes

An update. Got my drives back yesterday. The box arrived undamaged. The drives were well packed. Quickly got to bench test them and seems to be working properly. Weird noise and vibration gone. Have to give Miguel a big thanks for taking care of the matter.GEDC0245 (640x428)

21 Likes

carvons

14 Likes

Wow. That is padded alright.

1 Like

Wow, im jealous, you got it delivered twice. We still wait.

1 Like

Yeah props to the carvon team (@Exiledd_Top?) for doing such a good job on that packing! Taking feedback and making the necessary changes to make things right… this is good stuff right here. Man do I want some carvons.

5 Likes

Back of the line dude.

5 Likes

I feel like that episode of South Park with the goobacks coming into town so all the towns men form a giant pile…

Any new Carvon news??? …No??? back to the pile!!!

1 Like

Awesome, +1 for Carvon this time. Now let’s hope the other drives are on their way as well.

1 Like

Hope to get my drive some day… I have my tracking number since March 18 and nothing since…

Same here, tracking number and sitting on preshipment.

@ElskerShadow @chinzw

Jerry said he will try to reply to your messages if YOU PM him on the forum @LEVer His account if currently in new member status so he can’t reply on threads and can’t start a PM.

So send him a message with your full name so he can give you an accurate update

3 Likes

No idea how Discourse forums work

He was an active member a long time ago I think? then stepped out so now he needs to unlock features again. He doesn’t have a reply button. Only able to like a post

Blurry picture of what he sees. No blue reply button…can any moderators help out?

@Mikenopolis i’ve sent him numerous emails, he hasn’t responded to any of them. This is getting tiring.

well try the PM thing. He said he’s trying to be more proactive through PM. That’s all I can say, the rest is up to him

2 Likes