General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

I’m having issues with my vescs cutting out at full throttle. Has anyone else experienced this? I took off the low voltage settings to make sure it wasn’t triggering it with voltage sag, but it is still happening. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

This is the issue I have. Any insight and help would be appreciated. Both FocBox have the same setting with sensored FOC and split ppm.

Without load, one motor stutters before starting up. I don’t notice it when I ride it though.

I’ll post my BLDC screenshot tomorrow

Thats common on the bench. Doesn’t matter, and different when riding.

Thanks. Glad to hear from pro builder. This is my first FOC and first sensor build

1 Like

So coming in a bit late to this party. Is it true the only way i can get carvon hub drives now is by purchasing an entire carvon build?

What do you mean cutting out? Have checked for fault codes?

1 Like

No. But right now they are taking a break on selling single V4’s to guarantee the supply for all the evo’s they’re building.

1 Like

Ahhh ok well that’s fine. Thanks for letting me know.

Are you sure you set the FOCBOX where the stuttering motor is attached to sensored. Make sure you detected the hall sensors and applied them.

Would not troubleshoot bench test cogging, focus on under load issues if any. Just IMO

1 Like

At full throttle one vesc randomly shuts down mid acceleration. Sometimes both of them shut down. They usually become responsive again 2 or 3 seconds later. It makes acceleration scary because I don’t want fall forward. I have tried 97mm abecs and 90mm abecs, it happens with both. I am 146 pounds, running a 12s4p lg hg2 battery pack, and two original vescs (not the x or focbox). How would I check for fault codes as I’m riding?

The fault codes will be stored until you power off the vescs, so just check them after a ride without turning off the board.

1 Like

Also https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/vesc-monitor-android-app/20888

But it might take a while to get the BTLE module and wiring

1 Like

I just finished adjusting settings. Turns out I was an idiot and forgot to measure and apply the Hall Sensor values, thus the noise in the previous video. I also deleted my last BLDC screenshot due to that error.

With CarvOn’s recommendation, I changed the motor max to 80. I just shot this short test video out at the office parking lot. It’s so quiet!

No helmet so I went slow.

3 Likes

Hello I have a problem, after the many delays Carvon finally sent me the motors. On 1rst of deptember yet any information has been updated to the tracking number. It only says pre shippment label created. I just wanna get my motors and Carvon is completely unresponsive and is not giving up any good support

Message them via Instagram or email CarvonSkates@gmail They might be swapping out the base plates at the moment. You might notice, mine is raw instead of black. That’s temporary due to stock. Its worth the wait ( easy for me to say, I know)

Slightly off topic, anyone remember the Carvon v3-4 truck angle? Assume they are the liquid precision CNC, but those come in 20-50 degree base plates as well as other baseplate options.

Does this help? 40 degrees?

2 Likes

Need a little help. I’m experience cogging when I push the throttle too hard off the line. Easing into it seems fine. What do I need to do here?

10s3p, dual FocBoxes with split ppm.

Try lowering your batt max to 30A

Also why are all your erpm limits set at 0? (Foc doesnt care, just curious)