General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Ok think I’m about to order my Evo you guys are convincing

Has anyone received their EVO yet or heard from Jerry? My EVO was supposed to ship 3 weeks ago. I finally received a tracking number on August 29th but my board never made it to the post office. As of September 10th the tracking number still comes up as “Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item”. Jerry has gone dark on me. Not a word and he hasn’t responded to any of the 5 or so emails I’ve sent him since the middle of August. He didn’t respond to my Facebook message either. I hope he’s OK and he appears to be, ads to sell the new products have been posting so he’s alive. I’m trying really hard not to jump to conclusions so if someone can help me out or point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it. I hate putting this here but I’ve tried contacting him repeatedly and it hasn’t gotten me anywhere. Feel free to send me a private message or post here if you know anything. Thanks.

BTW If it turns out that something happened but the board gets shipped like he said it would I’ll be sure to update and correct this post. Right now I’m more than a little concerned but I’m really hoping I’m jumping the gun.

All i know message him on Instagram…and let him know in the comments about DM. Quickest way to contact him.

My buddy’s evo is about to ship this early this week, Jerry said last week that they have have been producing evos, but can’t ship them yet because he is waiting for more chargers to come in. Once the chargers come in, I assume at least a few boards will ship.

1 Like

Lol ok the charger thing I can verify…lol pretty funny I think

Well, there’s also this Instagram reply from yesterday: “carvonskates @tdiegmann Kinda on hold atm cause of Irma, will get you more definite answer after the storm leaves FL”

I suspect this is due to the earlier announcement that @longhairedboy would be assisting in EVO production.

@Dizzee what happened with your Carvon order, did you receive your EVO? Leaving us hanging here lol.

1 Like

Word on the street is a least one Evo2 has shipped, but Irma aint helping the situation thats for sure. :crossed_fingers:that @longhairedboy is good and will be back online sooner than later.

4 Likes

That looks like a @psychotiller box. My boxes haven’t come from the fab yet, i just got them the mold to make them last week.

The boxes coming from me are form fitted to the Evo deck and are flangeless.

1 Like

Ooooo I want your box lol. Cant wait to get mine.

mmmmm. are you routing a flat spot for the enclosure?

Sorry it took a couple days to get back on the forum. I was sick earlier in the week and I was also taking care of my kid. I want to thank who ever it was that let Jerry know I’ve been trying to get a hold of him! He finally got back to me and my board is in my hands now. I’m not sure what happened but I’m just glad the wait is over and I can get to enjoying it. I wasn’t part of the Kickstarter, I bought a board before it started.

I just got back from my first ride. I haven’t had a chance to push it but I can say that the fit and finish is great, it’s got some really smooth acceleration that just keeps going and it seems to roll forever. I can’t coast to a stop anymore but I’m not complaining. I also feel far more comfortable taking off and corning with this dropdeck. My feet just stay put. I can’t wait to get some time and a cool enough day to get into it with this thing. Should be fun.

3 Likes

No prob, I am one of the first 10 before Kickstarter as well so talking with Jerry on this anyways. Things will pick back up with his head above water again as awesome @longhairedboy and @psychotiller get up and running building the completes.

2 Likes

Ahhh. Now it makes sense.

LOL

For a minute there i was like… what the fuck is everyone talking about i haven’t shipped shit yet lmao

I haven’t been able to reach the people at the fab yet. They may still have power down. The people making the boxes are the same people that make mine, and they also do a metric fuckton of work for Disney and the other theme parks. If you see a gargantuan donald duck greeting you, they probably made it. They have a huuuge woody woodpecker in thier office along with a killer statue of Neptune. They also do interior FG effect structures like the interiors of spaceships, some of the harry potter ride stuff, and full sized helicopter sims and shit like that. But they work in a small-ish shop in the woods in Apopka and only take cash payments. Its hilarious. Anyway, i’m hoping to hear back from them today or i may drive out there and check on them personally.

1 Like

Just got my V3 drives at the office today! The sleeves are metal? I thought they were going the polyurethane route

2 Likes

Well, either way I suspect LHB will find some way to tag his red for an extra 20% performance improvement lol!!

2 Likes

Jerry is sending you urethane sleeves separately, for those who wanted their drives right away. The sleeves make the V3 OD 65mm for speed drive and 70mm for torque drive. I asked Jerry to send you pink sleeves because black was too stealth ninja lol. Ok not really!

3 Likes

5 Likes

Lol send me :rainbow: And I would not care since its still gonna be awesome…seriously though, so that black part is not THE sleeve?

The black part is a metal sleeve/flux tube

1 Like