General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Yeah that what I was running on the dual. 19C is pretty high as you noted. RC guys claim the cells are 30C charge capable. A123 says upto 10C. I cant comment on the cells longevity at these high charge rates but there seem to be many accounts from users claiming these cell do fine above 10C.

Ive since Cannibalized that build for parts of the 4wd build.

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming.

The charge rates are insane. at 20C you’re full at 3 minutes.

I found your pack build thread, and have been meaning to ask, are the solder joints between cells holding up? Did you add any mechanical support?

I boogered one solder joint while building it (one cell cocked a little in my jig) and had to sacrifice the cell to separate it. After seeing how hard it was to separate the damaged cell Im not too concerned with the solder joints, they seem very strong. The only mechanical support Ive added is hot glue between the parallel rows, a layer of Kapton tape, one strip of fiber tape and a layer of pvc heat shrink.

2 Likes

I shred in peace :v:t3:

1 Like

I got my buddy on the V3’s with 107mm Superflys tonight. He loved them and asked me if there was anyway he could get his EVO preorder with them instead of the 90mm flywheels. We went on a 7 mile ride at moderate intesity with quite a few hills and he no issue climbing or acceletating past my eMTB. Dang, makes me wish I was 140lbs too lol.

1 Like

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/12501793_1051545741569104_767942941_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIxODI5Mzc0NjU4OTI0MTkzNA%3D%3D.2.l

1 Like

Hahaha, yeah I need drop some weight for sure but I’ll never be a light weight. This is me 3 years ago at %7 body fat and I still weighed over 100KG.#bigboyforlyfe

1 Like

Now I look more like Shrek :persevere:

2 Likes

I remember 140lbs…I think I was 13

1 Like

Dude you can start a new thing…the Esk8 Diet!

Awe man …you getting too hard on urself

2 Likes

Older we get the harder it is to shed the weight …ugh life :weary:

2 Likes

I’m picturing in my head the guy in this photo riding a 4WD hub board with flames shooting out of it. That mace(?) would make a sweet remote.

1 Like

That photo was me as hercules for halloween. The year before I was the silver surfer. If only I had an electric skateboard back then in 2013!

2 Likes

If you want to be faster just get on the powerthirst

2012 I coached the Australian heavyweight champ to the London Olympics… oh how things can change, way too many chicken parmies in my life now :yum:

1 Like

ok that made me laugh thank you. Can we make outrunners run on this stuff? NOS!!!

where did you get the 107’s?

1 Like

From Chris

1 Like