General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Iv been following this thread and his insta but I’m still confused on if he’s got any in stock and if not what’s the wait time for a set

1 Like

6% price increase for 8% capacity increase makes the B cells at $8 sound better to me.

1 Like

just pre-ordered the carvon exo for december. i gotta feeling the exo will be delivered 1st, before my R2. :yum: (which, by the way, i ordered last May).

i’m excited to see how the torque/hill climb is with the 4wd v3/v4 speeddrive build… that’s what i really want.

Too many things to order I really want the speed drive but I’m thinking torque so I can kill a raptor

I built the second pair of 14S batteties tonight! My 4wd speed drive isnt very far from completion!

3 Likes

What about humidity. I read on the Carvon website that the hubs need to be kept away from water. Does anyone have any personal experience to share? (The carvon website changes so fast that now I can’t find the V4, V3 pages anymore and especially the warning about humidity). I’m asking because, me too, I’m a big guy and I’m thinking about building a 4WD hubs motor to commute in Paris (long distance with mild hills and often RAINS :cry: ). I like the idea to use regular wheels with the carvon hubs, and I read mostly good reviews of them, but If I can only use them when it is sunny here, that reduce the opportunities drastically. I’m still in the studying phase though; I’m not sure I understood the logic of the batteries (10s, 12s, …) and the setting of the vescs. So I won’t purchased them right now, and I’ll keep reading. So if anybody has any suggestions/remarks on the hubs I’ll appreciate it.

Can you tell us where your vesc settings are at, for dual v3 speeddrive on A123 14s2p? For reference. :slight_smile:

I hear ya on the torque. I use my board mostly for commuting, so I favor strong acceleration and braking over top speed yet the torque-drive from Carvon seems a little bit like overkill to me.

Big motors for sure, the only reason I like carvon is they are one of the most proven and well designed setups on the market today

Default settings actually. Before A123 I changed the battery min(regen) to match my 12S3P packs charge limit of 12A total(6A from each VESC). After A123, I just leave the defailt -40A battery min setting as is.

1 Like

38mph slight uphill

Yeah that was fucking AWESOME!!! My heart still beating out of my chest from the thrill! But wasn’t scary super stable!

2 Likes

Please make some uphill videos.

Hummmm… hills in Vegas lol

Come on dude. Thats nevada. I ve been there once there were some hills in the background:)

Liar…this is the biggest hill in Vegas! It’s called Luxor

2 Likes

married my second wife there. She wouldn’t let me skate down it.

5 Likes

Okay, for the record, @BigBoyToys correct me if I’m wrong.

vesc limit settings for strong brakes for big dudes on dual carvon v3/v4 speeddrives with A123 14s2p

sidenote defaults pulled from bldc firmware 4.18 on github

vesc focbox firmware vesc-tool (from vesc6’s software) mode foc with reverse enabled. sensored. temperature sensor enabled. NOTE in foc unlike blcd mode, brakes seem stronger with reverse enabled.

motor current max 60.0 (default) motor current min -60.0 (default) battery current max 60.0 (default) battery current min -40.0 (default) (wow that’s -80 total. for 2300mah cells in 2p, 19C. I think this is okay…) absolute max current 130 (default)

1 Like

Dude…the best I could find was 6% around me lol

1 Like

FYI the EVO is back with Jerry…Sent back yesterday…but expect other speed runs with his gear…looking for 40+MPH next speed video

1 Like