General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Wow 12.5 miles in only 190 Wh at your weight is mighty impressive! Hmm I kinda over paid for his up coming mini-v3’s… Wonder if I can snag a speed drive along with it. Gotta give him a call.

1 Like

190wh at 12.5 miles …damn that’s some really good numbers. I have 430wh pack and with my Carvon v2.5 single I can get usually about 20miles + - few miles depending on how I ride .

Same pack v2 single maybe like 25miles for me but I gonfast

Do you have any hills ? and how fast do you go ? I usually hit a lot of speed runs at 24mph with some runs hitting 27-28mph and I do moderate hills. I used to have speed limit with around 20mph and BLDC and no hills and I was able to do 25 miles easily.

haha did you shoot this with a potato?

1 Like

Yea but none too steep I just hit them fast, I only ride foc but I think I might try out bldc soon

Haha, that’s what happens to video when you text it.

1 Like

I just went for a leisurely cruise to see what I could get outta my packs. Pulled 15.7miles before the Low voltage back off set in.

4 Likes

When will these be in stock? I kept checking the site kept seeing “preorder”.

Or are these build to order so never in stock?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/carvonllc/carvon-next-generation-electric-skateboards-longbo/posts/1977797

The CARVON EVO will be assembled by Damon of Longhairedboy.com, and the CARVON EMax will be assembled by Dave of Psychotiller.com.

seems 14s2p A123 is ideal for this setup, with the regen braking capacity of the pack and the efficiency of the motors…

How much are you getting those cells for Derek?

I think I got them at $6.75 a piece.

2 Likes

Agreed, my 140lb friend haf no issues with the braking on the 12S3P battery but it was definitely not enough for me.

1 Like

wtf… I paid $10/pc. I found your ebay link. qty 100, and older 2300mah cells. Sigh I think you just nixed my nkon 30q order. back into the tank…

That ebay listing feels dangerous. If I pull the trigger on 100, I feel like 4WD is just a small step away.

3 Likes

Yeah, I originally was thinking of selling half but somehow convinced myself I needed them all lol.

3 Likes

okay last post on the off topic A123s.

older cells (“A” suffix, 2300mah), new, $7.50/cell, 30pack (leaves 2 spares)

newer cells (“B” suffix, 2500mah), same seller, 30pack at $8/cell

$7.50 sounded close to $6.75, but it’s really closer to $8 lol.

1 Like

A123 also has 18650 cells now… https://www.buya123products.com/goodsdetail.php?i=2

1 Like

Interesting but eww the price/performance is seems much worse! $7 per cell and about 1/2 the capacity/discharge. Hard to see the upside vs 30Q. Even considering the 1000+ cycle life.

1 Like